Main Menu

McCarthy Dredd in (virtual) real life...

Started by Steve Green, 18 August, 2018, 11:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Just a little personal project...

Aim is to do all the world judges and a couple of artist variants as a bit of 3D practice.

TordelBack

That McCarthy can design, that's for sure. Lovely work Steve, not sure you need much more practice though!

janus stark

having never worn a judges helmet,  i have to imagine peripheral vision must be sorely hampered by these helmets.
And i must say these look great.

Steve Green

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 August, 2018, 01:24:15 PM
That McCarthy can design, that's for sure. Lovely work Steve, not sure you need much more practice though!

Hah, cheers - I'm in the midst of doing an animated Christmas show, so this is a nice bit of post apocalyptic relief.

Steve Green

Quote from: janus stark on 18 August, 2018, 03:33:33 PM
having never worn a judges helmet,  i have to imagine peripheral vision must be sorely hampered by these helmets.
And i must say these look great.

Thanks - regular helmets don't think it's that bad - the in-universe argument goes that future wizard tech/iron man style HUD takes care of all that.

Colin YNWA

While its a little disconserting to see a design so definatively McCarthy on a none McCarthy face this is just wonderful and so dynamic brought to life.

Dash Decent

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 August, 2018, 01:24:15 PM
not sure you need much more practice though!

Shh, don't talk him out of it!

Great stuff Steve.  More please!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

Oh, the plan is to do all the world judges - even the one-note ones like the Pan-Andean Conurb one. And maybe a couple of definitive artist versions (have to be recognisably different)

Off the top of my head

Oz (done)
Sov x 2 (done)
Hondo (1 done, Quitely version to do)
Brit-cit
SJS (Skull one done, there are at least 2 variant covers for those)
Retro Carlos Dredd (Done)
Deadworld (Done)
Death (Done)
Fear (Almost there)
Vatican
Emerald Isle
Calhab
Luxor
Sino-Cit
Euro-Judge
Pan-Andean Conurb
Titan
Ciudad Barranquilla
Cadet (Carlos version)
Lawlord
Judda x 3
Origins Judge

Sure there's a few missed

Would also like to take a crack at non Dredd stuff like Torques traffic cone, the VCs etc.

Steve Green

Brit-Cit WIP, tried all yellow and all gold on the emblem/trim and decided to split it - seems to work better for a realistic rendering.