Main Menu

Deadpool: Just when you thought you was out...

Started by Mattofthespurs, 29 August, 2018, 08:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

IndigoPrime

Entertainingly, the main pic has 60 books, but the spine on the first issue is 64. Presumably, this one will in the end have about 11 billion books, like the other seemingly endless Marvel ones.

Bad City Blue

Issue 1 is a great bargain but I'm not going for any more myself.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 29 August, 2018, 10:33:16 AM
Entertainingly, the main pic has 60 books, but the spine on the first issue is 64. Presumably, this one will in the end have about 11 billion books, like the other seemingly endless Marvel ones.
yeah, the FAQ says 80.

IndigoPrime

I quite like the odd bit of Deadpool, but the notion of 80 Deadpool books in the living room, costing the best part of a grand, is not one I can entertain. Two quid for that first one's a goer though. (I must say, I do remain a bit baffled about just how widespread the Deadpool thing is. Panini now gives over almost two of its reprint comics to Deadpool – one in his own publication, and often two thirds of Wolverine and Deadpool. It all seems a bit much to me.)

Tjm86

How the hell are they going to find enough material to fill 80 volumes?  Never mind quality material.  Let's face it, it started with Liefield's New Mutants and went downhill from there.

Mattofthespurs

I was about to drop £160 on two omnibuses of Deadpool so this seems a good way of getting some books on the character.
I've subscribed (but only because Dredd has finished and the Complete Doctor Who should be done by Feb) So I figure I've got at least 18 books to see if I like it or not plus I get the free gifts.
Funnily enough the only Deadpool I've really read before is Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe which is half of issue 1.
At least it's only £1.99.
I could see me dropping this 10-15 books in unless I'm really digging it.

Tomwe

Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 August, 2018, 12:30:19 PM
How the hell are they going to find enough material to fill 80 volumes?  Never mind quality material.  Let's face it, it started with Liefield's New Mutants and went downhill from there.
I think you'd be surprised just how many Deadpool comics there have been. Here's the 'official' ongoing as of last year, but my Marvel Unlimited lists 50 separate entries for Deadpool books. Some may be one shots, for sure.

IndigoPrime

Also, I guess it depends how thick these volumes will be. Unlike the Dredd/2000 AD books, the Marvel ones were extremely variable, some clocking in with as few pages as a typical five-issue trade.

Mattofthespurs

Most are around the 6 issues around 140-160 pages.
Tbh, for a tenner for a hardback, that ain't too shabby. If you like the content that is.

Buttonman

Has this been sighted in the shops yet? Will probably get issue one but I doubt any more.

Mattofthespurs

It's out today.
I've just picked up the first volume.
Although I've subbed it'll be a few weeks until I get the first volumes and often they don't provide the flyer crap that comes with it.
Once my other copy arrives I'll donate this one to the library.

Mattofthespurs

Interestingly I have subscribed and received an email saying that as I was part of the trial run (I wasn't) I shall be receiving the first four issues, plus free gifts, for free.

I have checked my Hachette account and that is exactly what is happening.

If you are even slightly interested it might be worth a go to get 4 issues and 2 free gifts for nowt.

But don't blame me it goes tits up.

Whether this is down to me being on the 2000 AD trial run I cannot say, but it's possible.

Anyhoo. Happy bunny.