Main Menu

Sinister Dexter

Started by Matt, 30 October, 2001, 05:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Is anyone else getting a tad bit bored with Sinister Dexter? I think the series has slipped into a routine since mission to Mangapore. The boys just make the same gags and unload enough bullets to fight a small war each episode. I don't think the series has any development outside the one shot episodes. Don't get me wrong, some of these one offs have been truely inspired - Money Shots for one. But I can't help thinking the gun sharks have got no where left to go. Now maybe if one of them was to die...

nathan

I'm no prude but I hated Money Shots! Kids shouldn't be allowed to see that much naked lack of imagination.
As for the cover that went with that story, well I was embarrassed to buy it! No wonder they put 2000AD on the top shelf these days.
But you're right, some of the one-offs are good, especially Bullet Time and the recent one with the diminutive doorman.

N.

Thread Zero

I think the problem is that Dan Abnett can't write longer SD strips.

That wedding story a few years back and the subsequent ones where they tracked down the bad guy in the police dept, before they went to Mangapore were just mindless shoot em up's. Not very imaginative I mean. Single episodes are usually of better quality.

But they are essentially one note characters.

Maybe there should be an episode where they turn up for a hit but forget their weapons.

Could be fun!

scojo

fraston

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sindex rule. tho money shots was a bit dull, this weeks strip is a larf....

F

The Love Doctor

Yeah, they turn up without their guns and have to kill their enemies with witty quips.

Thread Zero

I guess it will be RIP to them!!

Do you know what my all time favourite SinDex gag is?

Well it was the one where they have to kill some virtual actor.

They go to the boss's house. The guy who wants their services. Ring the door. Butler comes and opnes it.
They chat.
Butler says
"I have laid on some sandwiches."
And Sinny says
"Well don't expect me to eat them then!"

Ha ha

Funny that one!

scojo with a smile on his face_

nathan

Finny and Ramone, the Eric and Ernie of Downlode.

You wait til I write up my Sinister Dexter script. Then those bullet monkeys'll get what's coming to 'em.

N

Thread Zero

I never did like Eric and Ernie.

Laurel and Hardy were the greatest.

scojo

O Lucky Stevie!

at least when eric & ernie shared a bedroom together, eric smoked a pipe in order to convey his inherent heterosexuality to the audience (i kid you not!).

a deeplyscandalised steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

W. R. Logan

>Is anyone else getting a tad bit bored with Sinister Dexter? I think the series has slipped into a routine since mission to Mangapore.

I've been bored with it since Prog 981 8-)

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

W. R. Logan

>Maybe there should be an episode where they turn up for a hit but forget their weapons.

Look out for the Scojo scripted 26 part Sin/Dex appearing here soon 8-(

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

W. R. Logan

>Butler says
>[backslash]"I have laid on some sandwiches.[backslash]"
>And Sinny says
>[backslash]"Well don[backslash]'t expect me to eat them then![backslash]"

shouldn't that be:

"I've laid on some sarnies."

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Thread Zero

I find women are more my taste but if that turns you on!!

scojo

Thread Zero

I have always found Sin Dex a bit hit and miss.

Like the opposition they face each week really...

scojo