Main Menu

Angels in America

Started by Krustabi, 09 February, 2004, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krustabi

Did anyone see this? Did anyone think it was any good?

I thought it was O.K. accept:

1). Every small detail was turned into a moral debate.
2). Obviously a stage play.

Generally good performances all round, but I don't think that it was the "event" television that the HBO obviously intended it to be...

GordonR

I saw the second play - Perestroika - on Boroadway ten years ago, and thought it was the best thing I'd ever seen in a theatre.

The TV adapation, even with it star cast, didn't quite measure up, although Pacino was great as Roy Cohn, even if the part's a natural scene-stealer, especially since it gets so many great lines.  F. Murray Abraham played Cohn in the stage play version I saw, and he was great too.

Quirkafleeg

God, I could'nt last half an hour...

Turned over or Billy Bleach and the two old scots blokes.

GordonR

You liar, Gary.  You were watching the finale of I'm A Celebrity, and you know it.

Proudhuff

The current Mrs Huff loved it, Unfortunately i felt the need go kill Nazi's, so it was a night Medal of Honour for me :)

What I did see of Paul Reekie, sorry Al Pacino he was stunning

Huff
DDT did a job on me

Queen Firey-Bou

i got bored with emma thompson shouting , tho i could see it was quite funny, which was a shame, cos i was curious & there was some interesting stuff going on. damn my attention span, damn it.

Richmond Clements

I was watching Reign of Fire on sky movies, which wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Quirkafleeg

>You liar, Gary. You were watching the finale of I'm A Celebrity, and you know it.

... a few minutes of Love of A Saturday Night (fnarr) was enought trash telly for one night thankyou.

madgirl

I watched both nights.I watched the second night because I had to just see if any thing really happened. I sort of got it but wouldn't recommend it to any one. Could think of better things to do in 6ish hours. I thought Al Pacino was just like his character in Devil's Advocate.