Main Menu

More About Novels/Short Stories

Started by Roger Simian, 31 October, 2001, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Simian

I'd be interested in reading about aspects of the 2000ad universe that we don't get to see in the comics. Eg a collection of wild Hunter S Thomson / New Journalism style reports from the Dredd world: 'Fear And Loathing In Mega-City One' or 'Fear And Loathing In The Cursed Earth' etcetera. Have you never wondered how the Gonzo hack writers would have reported from the front-lines of Dredd's universe?

Or a book of erotic short stories by established writers like Alan Grant, John Wagner etcetera mixed in with newer writers.  There's a long tradition of SF writers like Samual R Delaney writing erotica.

Prose books can cover all kinds of areas that don't come across well or that you're not ALLOWED to show in a kid's comic - although, the one-off SEX issue of 2000AD (prog 1066) got away with it 'cause it wasn't for sale to children - so, it'd be good to try things that haven't been done before.  

I think these are the kind of ideas writers could really get their teeth into and they wouldn't have to spend half a year writing them cause they'd be short stories.  Might even attract some non-comic readers into the 2000AD universe.

Thread Zero

How can you write erotic Dredd storys?

I'd love to know!

No seriously Roger, how do you?

scojo pure of mind

nathan

>How can you write erotic Dredd storys?

First, study Rico's daystick fight in Sector House.

N.

W. R. Logan

At 05:26 31/10/01 -0600, you wrote:
>How can you write erotic Dredd storys?
>I[backslash]'d love to know!
>No seriously Roger, how do you?
>scojo pure of mind

I once had a Dredd has sex text story for '79, it never saw the light of day for many reasons 8-)

+++
He nodded. He made for the apt door. He was pulling on his gloves as he went.
"Just  don't  get  it,"  he said  to  himself,  shaking  his  head  in bewilderment. "Tried  it, still don't know what  all the drokking  fuss is about."
+++

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

Good one that Logan!
Laugh!

But seriously, I don't know whether Dredd is suited to erotic storylines.

Can't see it working. But you never know I guess!

scojo

O Lucky Stevie!

yes, very homo-erotic that one.

john smith's someone that's had much to say about the erotic aspects of dredd.

plus there's that erotic tension that's always existed between dredd & anderson, & also manifested itself with galen demarco.

so long as you don't let sondra marshak and myrna culbreath any way near the franchise.

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Thread Zero

I thought Dredd never felt anything sexual towards Anderson and Demarco.

Or anyone else come to think of it!

scojo

O Lucky Stevie!

plus there's that erotic tension that's always existed between dredd & anderson, & also manifested itself with galen demarco.

i was refering to the tension from the reader's point of view, not dredd's.

thre was definitely tension there from galen's pov.

cheers,

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Thread Zero

You were getting hot under the collar Steven?

You need one of those electron showers, mate!

scojo

Roger Simian

"How can you write erotic Dredd storys?

I'd love to know!

No seriously Roger, how do you?

scojo pure of mind"

I actually meant erotic stories involving ANY of the 2000ad characters or universes: Anderson mud-wrestling Hershey; Durham Red opening an S&M Dungeon; Walter The Wobot meets Wandy Webecca; Nikolai Dante banged up in a women's prison in a XXX update of 'A Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich'.

Mind you - John Wagner DID write a funny Dredd sex script, Attack Of The Sex-Crazed Love Dolls!'.  A sleazy Les Dennis-a-like salesman was selling off Used Sex Droids but Crims were robbing them off the geekie customers.  When Dredd went in to bring down the operation, the Crims programmed the Sex-Bots, female AND male, to love and desire Dredd: 'Get off him, you bitch!  He's MINE!' etcetera.  I've never seen Old Stony Face look so terrified.