Main Menu

Star Wars Episode II - new trailer - SPOILERS

Started by Anemic_Newt, 08 March, 2002, 09:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemic_Newt

Apparently there is going to be another trailer for Attack of the Clones put up on the official website www.starwars.com on March 15th. This one is going to show more of the battle sequences - not the love angle. Yay!

The following is from Lucasfilm:-
This Sunday, March 10, the public will get their first look at the full trailer for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones as it airs on FOX television in America and also is posted to the Official Star Wars website, starwars.com. The trailer will begin playing theatrically on March 15, exclusively with the animated feature Ice Age, and other films thereafter.

"With this trailer, we start to look at the story and the state of the galaxy in Episode II," says Lucasfilm?s VP of Marketing, Jim Ward. "It sets the stage for what?s about to happen and how the characters are involved. We find out that the Republic is on the brink of war, and the Jedi are overburdened in trying to hold everything together."

The two-and-a-half minute trailer culminates with glimpses of some of the largest action sequences ever found in a Star Wars movie. Entitled "Clone War," this trailer begins to lift the veils of secrecy surrounding the mysterious Clone Wars first mentioned -- but never elaborated upon -- in the original A New Hope in 1977.

"In Episode II, we?re going to see the Jedi in action like we?ve never seen them before," says Ward. "We?re going to see hundreds of Jedi, hundreds of lightsabers, thousands of clones, in a huge battle. The trailer gives just a hint of what?s to come."

The trailer airs on FOX this Sunday between original episodes of "Malcolm in the Middle" (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and "The X-Files" (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Any US lurkers can you tell us if it's any good? Rex???

O Lucky Stevie!

title says it all from where i'm standing, kids!

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"