Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackstarr

I've not tried myself - I have a 360 controller but prefer to use keyboard and mouse - Morrowind has extensive menus/inventory, and a mouse (or laptop touchpad) would be much quicker to navigate these compared with having to use the controller joystick.

The wired 360 controller should just be plug and play, but to use wireless you'll need some 3rd party software such as xpadder.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/238948-how-to-make-your-360-gamepad-work-on-pc-morrowind/
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/171416-how-to-use-a-xbox-360-gamepad-for-morrowind-pc/

By the way, Morrowind is currently half-price (£6.50) in the Steam Christmas Sale - http://store.steampowered.com/app/22320

The Doctor Alt 8

Hay... Wait a cotton picking minute.... That game looks miles better than the version I got ( as a copy of sold out games. ) No mention of a clockwork city either... >:(

jackstarr

QuoteHay... Wait a cotton picking minute.... That game looks miles better than the version I got ( as a copy of sold out games. )
One word - Mods!
The visual overhaul gets it looking as seen in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKHu5n8TiI

QuoteNo mention of a clockwork city either... >:(
That's from the expansion pack Tribunal, which comes with the Game of the Year edition.  You can still probably pick it up separately on ebay.

Theblazeuk

I am fairly sure I linked to a whole bunch of mods that make your morrowind shinier, stabler and weirder.

jackstarr

Actually, I think Doctor Alt 8 was just referring to the Steam page pictures of Morrowind?   If so, that won't be mods, but the default game.   Maybe your video settings are lower than they need to be (possibly the game isn't recognising your graphics card so is setting them too low?)  - try adjusting your settings - up the view distance and texture quality, etc.

But yeah, even then, the default game now looks pretty pants without mods to bring it up to spec.  And that's not even taking SkyWind into consideration, which cleverly imports Morrowind into the Skyrim engine, making it look even prettier.  It does of course require you to have both Skyrim and Morrowind, and as it uses the Skyrim engine a lot of stuff is simplified (Skyrim is a lot less complex than Morrowind) but it looks great!

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohcqh5_pQjY for a quick teaser of Skywind.

The Doctor Alt 8

Ah this computer is old... I doult that fiddling with the settings will do much good. What have I got myself into?

The Doctor Alt 8

OKAY either I have gone mad or I have completely lost a tomb.

3 days ago I entered a tomb that had clearly been infested with Deadra. I cleared them out but going down some stairs I discovered a a waterlogged maze. I levitated over this & entered a cavern  with a body laid out in a sailing boat wearing dragon scale and ebony armour and several locked chests.  One refused to open with the usual Ondusi's open door spell and as I had run out of scrolls of Ekash's lock splitter I resolved to go back later to see what was inside.

I could have sworn that the tomb was one of the two on the island of Tel Brannor. But when I returned to them... Niether had the maze... Have I become confused or what? It is  driving me mad... Or did I dream it? Help!

GrinningChimera

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 29 December, 2013, 08:15:18 PM
Or did I dream it?

You know it's time to stop playing when you start dreaming about games. I had a similar thing with my week long binge of GTA V when that came out.

The Doctor Alt 8

HA! I WASN'T dreaming.

It was THIS...
Morrowind:Ennbjof's Nord Burial

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995

< Morrowind: Quests: Vivec City / Azura's Coast / Miscellaneous

Jump to: navigation, search

This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.

[ Show ]

Detail

Contents
  [hide] 1 Quick Walkthrough
2 Detailed Walkthrough 2.1 A Drink and a Chat
2.2 Within the Tomb
2.3 Olmgerd's Buried Ship

3 Notes
4 Quest Stages

Give some mazte to Ennbjof to hear the tale of a legendary lost tomb.

Quest Giver:
Ennbjof at the Lizard's Head Tavern in Vivec's Telvanni Canton

Location(s):
Marvani Ancestral Tomb

Reward:
Daedric Face of God, Daedric Warhammer, Ebony Bracers, Stormkiss

ID:
MS_Nord_burial

The Burial site.

[edit] Quick Walkthrough
1.(Optional) Buy a mazte for Ennbjof at the tavern in Telvanni Canton.
2.(Optional) Listen to his story and receive an old key.
3.Travel to Marvani Ancestral Tomb.
4.Explore the tomb until you find the entrance to Tukushapal, Sepulcher.
5.Enjoy the treasures.

[edit] Detailed Walkthrough

[edit] A Drink and a Chat

Grab some mazte and have a chat with Ennbjof at The Lizard's Head Tavern on the Telvanni Canton's Waistworks level in Vivec. In order for him to tell you the secret, you'll need to give him the mazte. Once done, he'll give you an old key and a story about an old burial chamber on a small island off the west coast of the peninsula between the Daedric Shrine of Zaintiraris and Tel Branora. He then goes home to Skyrim to die of mazte poisoning, never to be seen again. Unfortunately, these directions are rather vague and could refer to any number of tombs within the area.

[edit] Within the Tomb

The tomb in question, however, is the Marvani Ancestral Tomb and it is north of Tel Branora and slightly west of Zaintiraris/Molag Mar (northeast of the Prelude Shipwreck). If you head west-northwest from Tel Branora you should be able to find the entrance on the southern shore of a small island. If you have sufficient Security skill to open the 80 point lock in the back, you can explore the tomb without speaking to Ennbjof.

[edit] Olmgerd's Buried Ship

Once inside, you'll quickly realize that this is no ordinary tomb. Once down the long flight of stairs, you are faced with a small maze of sorts. One end of the maze ends with a door with the name of Tukushapal, Sepulcher (levitation comes in handy if you don't like mazes, even simple ones). Inside is the burial chamber of Olmgerd the Outlaw, the illegitimate son of a Nordic king, who was laid to rest in a Viking ship. There's all sorts of loot including a Daedric helm and warhammer sitting beside a chest far above the ship (which will require levitation to reach), and some Raw Ebony deposits in the water beneath the ship (but watch out for the Dreugh).

[edit] Notes
This "quest" is never really completed, per se. The only journal entry you'll ever receive for this is the first one when Ennbjof tells you about the tomb.
Olmgerd's name is misspelled "Oldgerd" in the journal entry, but Ennbjof definitely says "Olmgerd", and this spelling is also used earlier in the same entry.

[edit] Quest Stages

These Codes can be used along with the Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.

Ennbjof's Nord Burial (MS_Nord_burial)

Index

Finishes Quest

Journal Entry

1  A Nord named Ennbjof gave me a key and a tale about a ship burial of Olmgerd the Outlaw, son of Harald Hand-Free, a First Age king of Skyrim. Ennbjof thinks an enchanted battle-axe called Stormkiss was buried with Oldgerd [sic]. Ennbjof thinks the burial is somewhere on the stretch between the Daedric ruins at Zaintiraris and Tel Branora, on the western side of the peninsula.

jackstarr

Hah - Morrowind can still surprise me to this day with its hidden caves and treasures.

Did you manage to find the tomb again?

The Doctor Alt 8

Yeah... No problem. If I could of carried it I would stripped The corpse of weapons & armor.  Now I am doing a Buffy, wondering how to get Hard-Heart to attack me first ... Swearing cause I've lost a slave key then discovered two more slaves that I now can't free...

jackstarr

QuoteIf I could of carried it I would stripped The corpse of weapons & armor.

You could always do the usual exploit - mark and recall - mark by a vendor with plenty of cash, travel to the tomb, then recall straight back to the vendor.

QuoteSwearing cause I've lost a slave key then discovered two more slaves that I now can't free...

You had the key for that cave, but then lost it?  That's easily done - which is why in later Elder Scrolls games important items are marked as "quest items" that can't ever be dropped or sold until the associated quest is complete (although that can annoying in its own right, cluttering the inventory).  If you really can't find the key, you'll have to leave the slaves to their current fate, or cheat by using the dev console to add the key to your inventory.  Hopefully you didn't leave the key in an unsafe container which deletes all items at cell reset, and you'll stumble across it again at some point.

Dandontdare

Could I nominate Jackstarr as Most Helpful Boarder of 2013? I've not played this game, but I've found this thread fascinating.

Also, his advice about my long-time Skyrim bug was spot on - lowered the graphics resolution and it works! Still stumbling around like an idiot for now, but I may be begging for similar answers myself soon (if I ever get long enough to get some game time in to work out how to do things. I'm all hacking and little magic at this stage.)

The Doctor Alt 8

I suspect that I dumped the key to get rid of some excess weight. ( typical woman eh guys?) I do have quite a lot of stuff.. So if I could ever get bloody cheat codes to work... I'd do that. Provided I can find the cheat code....

The Doctor Alt 8

And now even if I could get the cheat code to work...

The library has blocked access to all gaming tip websites so I can't look it up anyway!!! >:(