Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Adam, Taffy and Colin will meet at the concert.  Something mad will happen, John Constantine will show up and sort it out resulting in several deaths/damnations.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Colin Zeal

Well if there's going to be any deaths, can it at least wait until after I've seen the gig? Waste of my ticket money otherwise.

COMMANDO FORCES

The missus just told me that I left my keys dangling in the front door when I got home this morning, (what a twat I am) as her mam found them when she came down later.
Thank God it's dark in the mornings and thank him again no bugger saw them ::)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 13 November, 2009, 03:58:16 PM
Things are good at present because I'm going to see Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine in concert both tonight and tomorrow. And tomorrow daytime I'm meeting up with my sister and my nephew.

Wow they still going. I lost track of them when they started adding members right left and centre. I seem to remember they got up to 6 or something. Great fun back in the day.

COMMANDO FORCES

Whilst at work I listened to the latest Big Finish CD Blood Will Tell by James Swallow.
It's Dredd having to explain his actions to the SJS on a case he dealt with. It's followed by an interview with the Toby Longworth, Paul David-Gough and John Ainswoth (the director) and then a segment of the next CD.
It was very enjoyable and meant that 60 minutes passed by very quickly!

wild-seven

On wednesday I was asked if I was a student - I turn 28 this coming friday, this really made my day!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

House of Usher

Quote from: wild-seven on 15 November, 2009, 06:56:17 PM
On wednesday I was asked if I was a student - I turn 28 this coming friday, this really made my day!

I was a student until I was 37, so sorry if I've unmade your day!  ;)

Maybe they just thought you looked lost?
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Or maybe they thought you were one of those Nuns that used to pack the front rows and library queues in my Arts undergraduate days...

What was that about, anyway?  Every class, at least one Nun straining forward to hoover up the lecturer's every word.  

Maybe you don't get those in Ingerlundwhales.  So maybe you can actually get some of the books on the course list before they vanish back to the Convent of Our Lady of the Curious Wimple.  Nothing in my experience moves faster than a Nun with a reading list.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 November, 2009, 10:59:49 PM
Maybe you don't get those in Ingerlundwhales.  So maybe you can actually get some of the books on the course list before they vanish back to the Convent of Our Lady of the Curious Wimple.  Nothing in my experience moves faster than a Nun with a reading list.

See, stuff like this just confirms my assumption that Ireland is more or less as portrayed in Father Ted.
@jamesfeistdraws

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 November, 2009, 11:04:43 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 15 November, 2009, 10:59:49 PM

See, stuff like this just confirms my assumption that Ireland is more or less as portrayed in Father Ted.

Reported for RACISM.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Hate to break it to you Jimbo, but Father Ted was billed as a cutting-edge documentary when it aired here.  Ardal O'Hanlon is actually a well respected undercover journalist.

Trout

I've met priests who are very similar to characters in Father Ted.

Father Jack's a particularly good portrayal, as is Graham Norton's camp and enthusiastic Father Noel.

- Trout

wild-seven

I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 November, 2009, 11:11:18 PM
Hate to break it to you Jimbo, but Father Ted was billed as a cutting-edge documentary when it aired here.  Ardal O'Hanlon is actually a well respected undercover journalist.

apart from the bit they left out where Ted kiddiefiddled.

TordelBack

Quote from: Garageman on 15 November, 2009, 11:37:34 PM
apart from the bit they left out where Ted kiddiefiddled.

Be fair, garageman, that altarboy was only resting in his bed.