Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I have many coats, but no poppies. I put money in the poppy box (one of the few exceptions to my "charities are emblematic of governments' indifference towards those individuals who should be Absolutely Top Priority but instead must rely on begging" rule) but don't wear a poppy. I don't need a "badge" to say to other people 'Hey! Look at me! I'm remembering!'

I do think that most charities are a drokking abomination, though. Most of my coats are quite abominable, too.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

vzzbux

I went for wearing one of these this year as my poppies become bedraggled quite easy or lost on my job.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Old Tankie

I think it's great that you donate to the Poppy Appeal, Sharkie, and I totally respect you not wearing a poppy because "you don't need to wear a 'badge' to say to other people, Hey!  Look at me!  I'm remembering!"  Alternatively, you've decided to tell the world on the Internet that you're remembering, instead!!

The Legendary Shark

Dang, entangled in a web of my own best intentions!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Noisybast

Quote from: Old Tankie on 07 November, 2011, 12:59:36 PM
"Ah, fer grud's sake - not here as well!"

What do you mean?  I didn't post in response to any story about some 21 year old burning a poppy, I don't know anything about that.  I posted in response to you seeming to infer that anyone wearing a poppy is right-wing.  I was attempting sarcasm, obviously, not very successfully!

I never said that I had met a Muslim or otherwise who had objected to me wearing my poppy, because I haven't, which is why I am confused by your reply.  Still, glad to see in the end that we seem to share the same views.

Sorry Tankie - it was late, I was tired, and cranky at seeing so many variations on the same thing on other sites, I mis-read your post. I was wrong. My unreserved apologies.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

What if you wear the same poppy every year?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

von Boom

I hang on to my poppies. I have a collection of a few because I generally lose a couple every November, but I always buy one or two every year.

JvB

Old Tankie

Thanks, Noisy, no problems.
Cheers, Mike.

von Boom

After weeks of anxiety about it, the government auditor came to my work today to talk to me about some of our accounts. It wasn't the anal reaming I thought it would be and the auditor... she was HOT. I mean stilettos and stockings HOT. Bloody hard to concentrate on her questions.

JvB

Tiplodocus

Same thing happened to me when a solicitor was interviewing me about one of my stolen motorbikes.  She was a total biscuit.  Supermodel hot.

Anyway, life is sort of OK because we managed to get undercharged by £150 for our work Christmas Party (they sent us a bill, we thought it was wrong, we queried it, they confirmed thet amount we had to pay for the number of people). 

Which is nice for us but I get the feeling that some poor soul at the bar is getting a bit of a dressing down at this very moment. 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Roger Godpleton

At 6 PM on Saturday the 19th of November 2011 I made the decision to purchase pizza.

This would prove to be the tastiest decision I made for all of that week.

vzzbux

I've just been jiffed to play Santa for Robbie's Judo next month.
HO HO HO

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Rog69

I have the day off today because I am a hero at work for spending most of last night getting a customer out of the brown stuff.

I had a close shave though, I filled up my car last night and knew I would probably be working an all nighter so I pondered buying an energy drink or something from the garage. I actually had a packet in my hand that contained a couple of herbal supplement tablets called "Up all night" but luckily I realised in time what they actually were.

Colin Zeal

Quote from: vzzbux on 21 November, 2011, 10:05:41 PM
I've just been jiffed to play Santa for Robbie's Judo next month.
HO HO HO

V

My sister asked me to play Santa at my nephew's nursery. It was only after I agreed that she informed that it was for the entire school rather than just the nursery class. I would still have said yes but felt a bit annoyed that she hadn't told me the full details.

Roger Godpleton