Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

COMMANDO FORCES

I was bored the other day, while searching the web and now I've got 500 business cards in front of me!
Makes it easier to have photos sent to me, as I can hand them out at conventions when I'm the Judge ;)

Spikes

..i won summat today.
Whilst doing some winter shrub pruning work on a Industrial estate, i found a hidden laminated card tied to a tree informing me, the finder, that id won a completely free set of wedding photo's.
Im not getting married anytime soon, nor is anyone i know, so its all a bit of a waste, really.
I guess if i was to pop to the shop, this contest would be heavily advertised, but as the card itself was in a place that nobody would easily find, they was obviously banking on the fact that nobody would be coming forward, the tight gits  ;); and so soon as well - its dated only two weeks ago!

Anyone on the forum getting married soon?

TordelBack

Bought Prog 1808 today and as I read it in the library while the kids were picking out their books, I realised that I was just as excited and engaged by this comic as I was in the early '80s, with one important difference: every story was a corker.  Being a simple man who knows what he likes definitely has its rewards. 

COMMANDO FORCES

Just before I knocked off this morning, one of the day managers let slip he was a fan of the prog and liked the Biz. I quickly showed him a pic of Simon wearing my Judge helmet and said that I'll bring a few things in tomorrow that will blow his mind.
We are everywhere :o

TordelBack

Banners

I think I got a Nexus 4 in the mad rush this morning, but I'm not really sure as there were so many errors during the checkout process. I guess I'll find out soon and then head to either the "drokking fantastic" or "life spugs" threads...

Spikes

A few ales tonight, and day off from work, with some back progs to enjoy - hopefully, tomorrow. Nice.

I, Cosh

I went to the pictures the other night and they showed a number of trailers for foreign language films with dialogue and subtitles rather than trying to hide it as has been the fashion for the past few years.
We never really die.

Frank

Because sometimes life provides moments of such outstanding beauty, which achieve the kind of perfection most of us spend our whole lives pursuing, that all you can do is stand back in admiration - regardless of your nationality and natural inclinations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prSnYSOxcpg

SmallBlueThing

Because after months of watching and waiting, i've finally found and bought a set of steve niles and kelley jones's 'batman: gotham after midnight' for only two pounds and change more than the cost of the trade paperback. Happiness descended upon me- a feeling of such brief elation that i immediately paid considerably over the odds for an old issue of hellblazer that was needed to finish off a storyline i started reading the other night.

Oh well.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

...and today i won an ebay auction for John Carpenter's IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS (In The Eye Of Insanity: German title, Up The Bum Of Being Barmy: Chinese translated title) which is massively unavailable over here,nd which i havent seen in donkey's years- it being one of a handful of Carps i dont own any more since converting to dvd. Yay! Only Nightbreed to get now, and i officially 'never have to buy another film, as i have all the ones im ever going to want'.

Now watch as In The Mouth of Madness turns up on ch5 this week.
SBT

Mardroid

Quote from: Banners on 13 November, 2012, 02:37:04 PM
I think I got a Nexus 4 in the mad rush this morning, but I'm not really sure as there were so many errors during the checkout process. I guess I'll find out soon and then head to either the "drokking fantastic" or "life spugs" threads...

They sold out in around an hour apparently! That phone is great value for money* but I wonder how many Google actually ordered. It seems folk took advantage of the deal and ordered multiple units and are reselling them for double on ebay. Cheeky blighters.

*I actually came across it by accident on the Google site as I'm planning on getting the Nexus 7 tablet soon. (Here's hoping I get some money for Christmas. Heh.)  I wouldn't normally pay even that much for a phone but at that price for that specification I'm sorely tempted. I'll make the tablet my priority for now though. I will keep an eye on the Google site for future reference. My cheap but trusty little Samsung spare will do for now.

SuperSurfer

After some longish quiet periods I've been off the scale busy lately.

Been doing the main freelance work and then the poorly paid freelance projects from home. Went about one and a half weeks with about 3.5 hours sleep every night. On the last day of a deadline I went to bed 8.30am, slept 1.5 hours then got up to go to main work.

Haven't caught up with sleep. So no drawing, posting here, reading other than prog and Meg. Got tons of other stuff going on. Would've loved to have gone to Thought Bubble. This should be in Life is Drokking Fantastic really as so glad to have dough coming in but at the moment feel wrecked.