Main Menu

Ive been reading some will eisner stuff

Started by willthemightyW, 29 March, 2010, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

Ive been reading some will eisner stuff, waiting for a contract with god trilogy to arrive. So any thoughts any body?
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Colin YNWA

The man's a bloody genius? Will that do?

I've read a lot of his stuff and astonishing as his later work is I have to be honest I've got a massive soft spot for this post war 'Spirit' stuff. There's such diversity in that material its bloody lovely.

I'd also recommend this instructional books 'Comics and Sequential Art' and 'Graphic Narrative and Visual Storytelling'. Even if you have no intention to ever be a creator they still provide great insights to readers.

willthemightyW

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 March, 2010, 07:23:44 PM
The man's a bloody genius? Will that do?

I've read a lot of his stuff and astonishing as his later work is I have to be honest I've got a massive soft spot for this post war 'Spirit' stuff. There's such diversity in that material its bloody lovely.

I'd also recommend this instructional books 'Comics and Sequential Art' and 'Graphic Narrative and Visual Storytelling'. Even if you have no intention to ever be a creator they still provide great insights to readers.

yeh i agree, i love the spirit and so far ive got one instructional book, 'expressive anatomy for comics and narrative' its great and, i know it probably wont go anywhere but i do draw/create my own stuff, and that book really helped.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

willthemightyW

the contract with god trilogy arrived today, yyyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyyy