Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: Beadle68 on 11 September, 2014, 09:14:17 PM
Hope this comes off as I trust Garland and Urban to deliver something truly spectacular  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Amen!

James Stacey

Goaty

That writer does reading the Origins! :)

ChickenStu

I always thought The Day The Law Died would be the right direction to take the sequel in. I think it's important to take things out onto the streets of Mega City One - to actually SEE that city.

Whatever they do - Anderson should still be a main character.

I have an idea for a plot-line for a sequel. Dredd is paired up with Anderson again but not to train her or assess her - to actually protect her. She's been experiencing horrific visions and unsettling nightmares of a cackling, skeletal face which always tells her it's coming for her. Every time she has one of these visions scientists detect an unusual amount of psychic energy around her - completely off the scale. Dredd is informed of the existence of other dimensions. Scientist have known about it for a while but believe Anderson can sense other dimensional activity. Something may be trying to break through and using Anderson as a doorway. This whole thing should be a sub-plot to whatever the main focus of Dredd 2 is.
Then the sequel should end with Dredd and co winning the day but Anderson collapses. Dredd immediately rushes to her aid. The final shot should be Dredd cradling her saying "Stay with me Rookie, help is on the way". The camera then does an extreme close up on her face. Her eyes open and in her pupils we see the face of Judge Death. Fade to black. End.

Then if they ever make Dredd 3...  ;)
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Steve Green

Dredd Year One felt like it could be a movie sequel - I'd love to see something along the lines of that/the haunting of Sector House 9/the recent Anderson story with judges going off the rails.

Angry Vince

I was thinking that there should be a new Dredd trilogy, interspersed with a Strontium Dog Duology

Dredd 1: The Dark Judges
  Opening vignette - Dredd goes head to head with Chopper the scrawler
  Main story - Dredd and Anderson defeat The Dark Judges, Anderson traps herself in Boing! with Judge Death
  After credits scene - Chopper in the cubes signing up for a rehab programme teaching juves to surf

Strontium Dog 1 (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost to play!)
  Opening vignette - The Schicklegruber Grab
  Main story - Take your pick
  After credits scene - Johnny gets offered an assignment in MC1

Dredd 2: Oz
  Opening vignette - Chopper's escape and flight to Oz
  Main story - Oz
  After credits scene - Top Dog - Dredd runs into Johnny Alpha and Wulf

Strontium Dog 2
  Opening vignette - ?
  Main story - Rage!
  After credits scene - Judge Anderson being cut out of Boing!

Dredd 3
  Opening vignette - The Dead Man
  Main story - Necropolis - Johnny Alpha assisting a la Judgement Day
  After credits scene - ?
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Steve Green

Goaty

Sounds fair, Angry Vince, but no offence, but Alex Garland does make stories so right on, and I means, Dredd is one of most re-watchable films ever!! So let trust in him and his ways!

radiator

Do people really not know the difference between a 'prequel' and 'a film that might have a few flashback scenes'?

It's like when Dredd was first announced and they all said it was a 'remake' of the Stallone movie.

Stop getting Dredd wrong!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 12 September, 2014, 09:04:58 PM
Do people really not know the difference between a 'prequel' and 'a film that might have a few flashback scenes'?

No; I just don't think they've ever read 'Origins'.

Bat King

Origins sounds like it will be an Origin story and most Origin stories in films are Prequels.

Or 'What Joe says'
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Richmond Clements

Bubba Zebill

Heading in to the Cursed Earth makes a lot of sense on a budget.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bat King

No one could ever pull of a realistic Cursed Earth!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

strangelysaucy

Quote from: Bubba Zebill on 13 September, 2014, 09:49:52 AM
Heading in to the Cursed Earth makes a lot of sense on a budget.

yes and no...

all the facilities/crew that are in an expensive studio lot would need to be shipped to a desert/barren location and maintained there at great cost.

So it's swings and roundabouts really  :-\
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy