Main Menu

Prog 2 sells for £621

Started by betel_uk, 01 April, 2012, 10:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

I've never seen that many bids for any item ever  :o
Someone obviously wants that copy badly..
...because I hate you.

Colin YNWA

Wow.

There was that bloke on here a wee while ago looking for this kinda thing. I wonder if here's there? Still 6 hours to go. It'll be fun to see how high it gets and whether as we get never to 'Dredd' we see more and more of this type of thing?

hippynumber1

Damn! I remember running around the playground with those things stuck all over me - curse my youthful exuberance...

betel_uk

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 April, 2012, 03:46:44 PM
Damn! I remember running around the playground with those things stuck all over me - curse my youthful exuberance...
Sigh... one of the kitchen cupboards at my parents' house was biotronic for many years...

oshii

You could pick up a full set of progs for that.  That's crazy.

Emperor

Quote from: oshii on 01 April, 2012, 04:04:56 PMYou could pick up a full set of progs for that.  That's crazy.

The key is the quality of the issue, this makes it significantly more desirable.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

oshii

Quote from: Emperor on 01 April, 2012, 04:20:15 PM
Quote from: oshii on 01 April, 2012, 04:04:56 PMYou could pick up a full set of progs for that.  That's crazy.

The key is the quality of the issue, this makes it significantly more desirable.

Even so, that's one hell of a lot of galatic groats. 

Spikes

A lovely looking copy thats for sure, but thats a stupid price somebody has just paid.

Colin YNWA

Well lets see how this pans out over the year. There's been a few reports over at Bleeding Cool recently about the price of some comics going through the roof. Walking Dead no. 1 going for $7000! Bone issue one (1st print) for $800 (yah I have a copy of that) etc etc. 2000ad issue 2 is going to be a high profile comic this year and is probably very rare in top condition, so it'll be interesting to see if this is a one off, or the start of something?

Be a shame if it was as I don't own it and have been putting off buying the earlier issues until I'm a little better off in years to come (hopefully). Maybe I should have gone for it earlier. We'll see I guess

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I heard that Nic Cage's copy of Action Comic #1, featuring the first appearance of Superman (and his copy is considered one of the best preserved) went for a shade under $2 million.

That comic has a history behind it too. Apparently it was stolen from Cage at one point, and they want to make a movie about it. Cage hasn't signed up to it yet, but I for one would love to see a comicnap/revenge thriller starring Nicolas Cage as a Parody of himself.

Yes I know, he's already a parody of himself. It's a parody within a parody.

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFF
You may quote me on that.

Tarantino

Hi Guys, I haven't been on this site for a while but has anyone seen how much this copy of prog 2 went for on ebay?

Item number: 110849197551

Over 600 squid!

It was a nice copy

Fatboydale

It was a fair price for a high grade 35 year old comic , i have better issue's for sale , see below :

strontium71

Excellent copies there  :)
You should strike while the iron is hot and get them on ebay...
...because I hate you.

Fatboydale

gonna have to move a few issue soon , wife wants another baby .... here's a few thats gotta go ..!!!!