Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 July, 2019, 02:01:20 PM...but all in the shadow of the mighty Lovell telescope and with loads of family-friendly science talks and hands-on events. This year, you could smell space, meet the Clangers and record messages which were beamed from a telescope in the Netherlands, bounced of the actual motherflipping moon, and then relayed to one of the Jodrell bank telescopes to be played to the crowd.

This sounds awesome.  I hate festivals as a rule, being a demophobic misanthropist who equates tents with peace and quiet and trees and board-games by torchlight, but I'm keen to go with the kids to one at some point so they don't end up like me (my brothers live for festivals, and I envy them). I've become acutely conscious that at 13 my eldest will only tolerate our company for a couple of years more at the outside, so I need to get on with it: this sounds like just the ticket. 

JayzusB.Christ

Hey, my sister was there! Sounds amazing
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

wedgeski

> Using a new, simple mathematical framework, the study shows that dark matter may have been produced before the Big Bang during an era known as the cosmic inflation when space was expanding very rapidly.

Eh? Bit of an editorial problem there I think.

IAMTHESYSTEM

That's pretty wild. Some cosmologists suggest there might be dark matter hangovers from previous universes but I have no idea about that. "Curiouser and curiouser!" Cried  Alice.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 August, 2019, 09:38:19 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 August, 2019, 09:25:05 AM
T-Rex grew bigger than previously thought...!

That Thoth and his time-travelling antics.  Still can't quite picture Satanus with feathers though.

Have you ever seen a Cassowary in person?! Pure Therapod blood, those things are scary how much like late Cretaceous none avid raptors they are.

Tiplodocus

Just been at Tidbinbilla one of the deep space tracking stations where they have a lovely bit of moon rock and the sub reflector from Honeysuckle Creek (Just down the road) that received the moon landing pictures.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

von Boom

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 August, 2019, 01:09:45 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 August, 2019, 09:38:19 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 August, 2019, 09:25:05 AM
T-Rex grew bigger than previously thought...!

That Thoth and his time-travelling antics.  Still can't quite picture Satanus with feathers though.

Have you ever seen a Cassowary in person?! Pure Therapod blood, those things are scary how much like late Cretaceous none avid raptors they are.

I see what your mean.  You'd wonder how it is that Creationists manage to keep on lying to themselves.

Jim_Campbell

I always thought there was a touch of the velociraptor about these giant chickens...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.