Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

My catch-up parcel arrived yesterday. 45–48, all in one hit. In far better condition than last time, and even compared to the standard deliveries. It seems ordering four books is the way to go – five flummoxes them. Now to wait and see if 49/50 actually rock up in four weeks...

Also, this message currently appears on the Hachette website:

QuoteIn the past week we have experienced some major issues with our distribution centre's IT systems, which has led to delays for shop customers and subscribers alike.

Although you can still browse the e-shop, you will be unable to purchase anything for the next few days until we get the shop fully online again.

bedlamvr

Yeah that has been up for a while - I would say at least before the weekend .... hmmmm :/

athorist

Got an email saying the Hachette shop's back up.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Rara Avis

What the heck is going on? I haven't received 41 & 42 but they have apparently been sent 3 times, did not receive 43 & 44 which were sent twice but did get 45 & 46.

IndigoPrime

Ask them to send via recorded delivery/trackable if they can't get stuff to you.

Rara Avis

Three times they claim to have sent it and NONE of them have arrived. I find this beyond bizarre at this point.

somebody-nobody

I opened my Rogue Trooper vol 3 to find the covers pages at the back sealed because of excess paper that was just folded in as if i wouldn't notice. it's a a good thing the kind of people who buy these are not stickler collector types 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RSTg96h"><a href="//imgur.com/a/RSTg96h"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

somebody-nobody

IndigoPrime

Not with this book, but I had that with some in the Dredd collection. I also had one Strontium Dog book look like someone had taken a knife to the pages. Ask for a replacement.

Jade Falcon

I'm sorely considering cancelling when I see the forthcoming list on Wiki. The amount and frequency of Slaine is despairing when it's not a series you're fussed on. I just feel there are so many other things that could have been considered. We've still no word on an extension and even then if that follows the Dress pattern it might only be ten books.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

somebody-nobody

I won't even dream of asking for a replacement after the issues of the first volume, I paid for it didn't get it posted after providing the order number and email from the company they still asked for proof of purchase so about 6 different people I emailed and pictures of my bank statement redacted then in full and weeks of " we have no record of your purchase" they finally sent The Horned God for €1.99 so no subscription for me after that I just cherry pick the ones I'm interested in, if I can open them to read them

Jade Falcon

I would probably do that, but the trouble with part works is that regular newsagents generally don't bother stocking them after a set number of issues and with all the partworks who can blame them.

I suppose if I had a Forbidden Planet or decent dedicated comic shop near me it would be possible, but otherwise....
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 30 June, 2019, 07:08:29 PM
I'm sorely considering cancelling when I see the forthcoming list on Wiki. The amount and frequency of Slaine is despairing when it's not a series you're fussed on. I just feel there are so many other things that could have been considered. We've still no word on an extension and even then if that follows the Dress pattern it might only be ten books.

Still lots of other good things to come to; the rest of Nikolai Dante, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, Caballistics Inc., Sin Dex.

If you can't stand the Slaine Forbidden Planet have been taking pre-orders for most volumes online so you could probably use that as a reasonably secure method of cherry picking.  That or lurk on ebay, I managed to get most of the Mega Collection that way for a reasonable price but of course there are no guarantees going that route.

Guess we're still a way out from any confirmation of an extension - was it around vol 60 that got announced for the Mega? Got my fingers crossed though, so many good things that could be included there.

Mattofthespurs

Astonishingly my copies of #47 & #48 have just arrived, so I'm pretty much caught up.

At one stage about 6 months ago I was about 6 weeks behind.

moly

Nice surprise to receive 47 and 48 today first time it's been delivered before payment was collected for months