Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2016

Started by Tiplodocus, 16 October, 2015, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-Ball

I would go but I don't trust Paypal. I'm pretty sure that I didn't have to create an account last time to purchase tickets. Ah well, I hope everybody has a great time.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Satanist

Quote from: 8-Ball on 27 March, 2016, 12:05:12 AM
I would go but I don't trust Paypal. I'm pretty sure that I didn't have to create an account last time to purchase tickets. Ah well, I hope everybody has a great time.

What's wrong with paypal? You can also buy over the counter from the CCA if that helps.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

GordonR

Quote from: Satanist on 28 March, 2016, 10:02:29 AM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 27 March, 2016, 12:05:12 AM

What's wrong with paypal? You can also buy over the counter from the CCA if that helps.

Will the CCA be selling tickets?  It's being used for some events in the week leading up to the con, but the actual con is at the Royal Concert Hall this year.

Fungus

Their site suggests the CCA is fine for all tickets.
8-Ball, give the CCA a ring if you're averse to PayPal and don't pass the CCA.

Satanist

Aye it states on their website you can book in person or over the phone. However from past experience they may not have told the CCA that  :lol:

8-Ball

A few weeks ago my dad had his Paypal account hacked by some guy in Pakistan (I'm not making this up) so after all the hassle of trying to get that sorted out for him I'm a little wary about giving Paypal any of my banking details. It was just more convenient to go onto the GCC site and pay for a ticket without having to set up accounts and all that stuff. Anyway, it looks like I'll just pop along to the CCA and pick up a ticket there.  ;)
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

Fucking robbing vermin. Z
Ps good to see you posting 8 ball.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

judgerussell

Has anyone heard any guest announcements yet?

Satanist

I'm sure I read somewhere on the site they would announce all at May 6th. So middle of May then  :lol:

Fungus

Guests on the website now?

Includes Karrie Fransman again :-) A highlight last time.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Fungus on 18 April, 2016, 12:34:10 PM
Guests on the website now?

Includes Karrie Fransman again :-) A highlight last time.

Couldn't see any except the breakout talent... got a link there Fungus?
I might eventually get my Dredd sketchbook filled if there's some new faces coming.
DDT did a job on me

Fungus

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 April, 2016, 12:52:54 PM
Couldn't see any except the breakout talent... got a link there Fungus?

I have a link, now I'm feeling it's a dud.

https://gccon.wordpress.com/guests/

There's literally nothing there suggesting it's last years. Which I see now it probably is.
Header has "2016", etc. Do we have a Poor Web Design thread?-( Sorry Huff!

judgerussell

That link shows last year's line up.

Proudhuff

No need to apologise F, my webfu is weaker, hence requests for links  :D
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 18 April, 2016, 12:25:08 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere on the site they would announce all at May 6th. So middle of May then  :lol:

This from their FB page:

'We've been really busy! Our guest announcements and Festival programme launches on May 11... we literally can't wait to let you in on it all'.

Spot on Satanist!
DDT did a job on me