Main Menu

OK I'll bite the bullet: First critique!

Started by LARF, 27 July, 2009, 11:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: peterwolf on 11 August, 2009, 03:34:20 PMI did this quickly last night and i am looking for criticism as there is something not quite right about it but i am not sure exactly what.

Tricky. I won't bang on about my 1:1 head:thigh ratio, which has set the medical establishment on fire, but I'd suggest his head looks too big - it is about the size of his waist (when it should be the size of his thigh naturally). It is tricky when you have to add a helmet as that would tend to make the head look bigger but the bulky shoulder pads can help offset that. It'd probably be worth doing quite a few Dredd sketches to thrash out the general proportions.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

LARF

Hi Everyone - apologies for not getting back any sooner (wife pregnant, business to run, kids off school yadda, yadda, yadda...)

I just want to say thanks to everyone for some really constructive comments. I know my figure drawing skills are very rough, mainly due to time - and I tend to over compensate by gilding the lilly on the colouring and line art. I will persevere and hopefully submit something to the new art thread, impending birth dependent...

Some great comments and very understanding comments from everyone, really helpful and a big thanks to one and all.