Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Smith

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 10 September, 2017, 10:49:38 AM
I was behind someone in the Newsagent who bought a Judge Dredd Megazine. The insurgency grows!
Ya mean,the rebellion?  :lol:

Modern Panther

Spent the morning waiting for the Scottish Gas engineer who will definitely be here before 1:00, since its an emergency.  Now been told that the whole company only has one engineer for the whole of central Scotland, who is too busy, but will definitely be here before 5:00.    Screw you, Scottish Gas. 

The Legendary Shark

Gaaah...

I've got the "Scary Mary skins a canary every Saturday night" tune running around in my head, leaving ruts and knocking things over. In the name of God, please, make it stop!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You know when it snows and it makes your street look completely different? Well this morning was like that, but with school kids instead of snow
You may quote me on that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 September, 2017, 10:15:03 AM
Gaaah...

I've got the "Scary Mary skins a canary every Saturday night" tune running around in my head, leaving ruts and knocking things over. In the name of God, please, make it stop!

You think that's bad? I've got Jilted John stuck in me head. Keep getting funny looks when I shout "GORDON IS A MORON!"
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Heh, we should do an a capella duet.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 September, 2017, 10:15:03 AM
I've got the "Scary Mary skins a canary every Saturday night" tune running around in my head

In Scotland, it's Aunty Mary had a canary up the leg of her drawers. The poet goes on to describe how she pulled a string (to make it sing), leading to the sudden appearance of Santa Claus.

Any other regional variations?

The Legendary Shark

Eww, that sounds very... euphemistic :&

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Not an equivalent but Dublinese has the similar sounding Up in Nelly's room behind the wallpaper – sounds like the location of a sinister presence in a horror film – which is a slang response to the question of something's whereabouts.

JamesC

I'm in Norfolk and am unaware of any such rhyme.
I have been known to sing "I shagged your mum, she opened up her legs and gave me one, it was fantastic, she takes cash or plastic." To the tune of The Sign by Ace of Base, but only since the 90s.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 September, 2017, 05:54:11 PM

Not an equivalent but Dublinese has the similar sounding Up in Nelly's room behind the wallpaper – sounds like the location of a sinister presence in a horror film – which is a slang response to the question of something's whereabouts.

Hmm, a local answer to the same question is "up ' suff at back o' Martha's in a jug," which means "up the chimney at the back of Martha's house, in a jug."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

I wonder whether the Terminator films could be the prequels to the Matrix films?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 September, 2017, 08:06:10 PM
I wonder whether the Terminator films could be the prequels to the Matrix films?
Impossible, seeing as according to the fucking comics Robocop accidentally created Skynet.

The Legendary Shark

Robocop > Skynet > Matrix.

Still works!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]