Main Menu

Pimping Myself!

Started by Woolly, 20 September, 2005, 03:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

There's always one old woman moaning on the tour bus.

Wolly - that's ace, very McNeill

Lovely stuff!

psycho_slaughterman

when you draw your own version  of a character you don't want it exactly the same as every one else you want it to be differant so it stands out, so what if the eagle faces the wrong way or theres not enough links in the chain, i know when i drew my version (which will be on soon) i intentianally strayed from the usual design so i could be differant, i just hope theres not too many that complain about the smallest detail.

psm

Wake

Funt Solo

Love the image.  Quite neon.

The length of Dredd's truncheon reminds me of the time I was having dinner with two middle-aged lesbians, who were playing with my newly purchased Dredd Re:Action figure and had immediately decided that he was a performer at an S&M shindig.  All that tight leather...

Anyway - has anyone gone to the trouble of drawing a line up of leather-clad 2000AD heroes in the style of the Village People?

You've got Dredd, Alpha and Rogue for a start...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Floyd-the-k

Looks great........my only quibble is that Dredd looks a bit lumpy from the stomach down.  Is that deliberate? Otherwise, fantastic stuff

Max Kon

i agree with 'You might try a different hue on the daystick to make it pop out more.'

Steve Green

Very nice, the only nitpick is that IMHO he looks like he's eaten a few too many hotties.

I don't know whether his midriff is a bit big or the chest a bit small, but he doesn't seem to be as trim as I'd expect.

Since I'm trying to do this 3D Dredd model, it always drives me nuts when people start ranting about links on chains, bars on respirators. For the record I'm going for 5 on the respirator, 10 bars on the shoulder bad, 5 stars on the belt buckle, and no idea how many links on the chain... :)

Nice work.

- Steve

judge dreddd

SIP

But doesn't Mr Ezquerra (the inventor of the original uniform) only draw the respirator with three bars?  Shouldn't he know best.

Who decided it was five (although I draw it with 5 myself)?
I don't follow this as pretty much every artist does what they like with the uniform (within reason).

Are we talking the definitive uniform a la Brian Bolland here?

Ps. I don't think he's fat around the midriff - obviously just keeping up on his ab work.