Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 December, 2018, 05:51:54 PM
The Predator, an alien, clearly represents hordes of migrants swamping the country, whilst the Harris Tweed represents your British cultural identity under threat.

You've been sleep-torying again.

Alternatively, the Predator represents the aristocracy who want to take what rightfully belongs to you so they can go grouse shooting or something.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CalHab

Quote from: Proudhuff on 03 December, 2018, 04:53:34 PM
Worst dream eva!

Hunted by the Predator thro Newhaven village as he was after my... Harris Tweed sample!! WTF  :o

Explain that Mr Tinfoilhat.

The Predator, symbolising global capitalism, seeks to take a cultural artefact from you. This dream represents your anxiety over the UK government's failure to sign up to the UN charter for Intangible Cultural Heritage and its likely failure to protect unique products post-Brexit.

We've all had one of those dreams.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 December, 2018, 06:51:24 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 December, 2018, 12:01:08 PM
Whamageddon: I'm out already.

Spug it. I'm wiped
Wham is a part of the bars christmas playlist. I lost in mid november dudes.

Proudhuff

I still don't understand the video  :-[
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

At this time of year, could all amateur drinkers take a moment to give some thought as to what kind of beverage they like, rather than waiting until they've finally been served before debating the issue. Also, it isn't necessary for every twonk in the office to stand at the bar while a round is bought.

TordelBack

Now you're lost in a haze of alcohol and soft middle age.
The pie in the sky turned out to be miles too high
And you hide, hide, hide
Behind brown-and-mild eyes.

It's been one miserable shit of a day then a week then a month after another and another and another, but it's 2018 (for a bit) and I have every album I've ever liked on a MicroSD shoved in the side  of my crappy secondhand phone, and as far as I can tell through this bottle I won in a raffle I'm still not Donald Trump. So we'll call it a draw, until the third umpire delivers their verdict.

The Legendary Shark

Lord but it's a wild night tonight, screaming straight in off the Irish Sea like the wrath of Aeolus. The wind is positively roaring, the rain's squalling like lead shot against my groaning tin roof and my shed's shuddering so much I fear I'm going to end up in Oz. Sleeping fitfully, dreaming of being cast adrift in mountainous seas or watching the local sea defences crumble and everything being swept away before the tempest wakes me up again with a fresh assault. Going to be a ton of tidying and repair work to do around the farm tomorrow, if I survive the night that is.

For God's sake look after our people...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 December, 2018, 07:33:50 PM
Also, it isn't necessary for every twonk in the office to stand at the bar while a round is bought.

This. And they can burn their Christmas jumpers as well; those fucking things stopped being funny and ironic ten years ago.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tjm86

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 December, 2018, 08:38:58 AM
And they can burn their Christmas jumpers as well; those fucking things stopped being funny and ironic ten years ago.

When were they ever?

[says the man with the "Tesco's Value Christmas Jumper"]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 08 December, 2018, 10:29:31 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 December, 2018, 08:38:58 AM
And they can burn their Christmas jumpers as well; those fucking things stopped being funny and ironic ten years ago.

When were they ever?

[says the man with the "Tesco's Value Christmas Jumper"]

Actually I've changed my mind. They immediately stopped being cool on December 26, 2010.

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=31127.msg571055#msg571055

Theblazeuk

I like my Christmas jumper and other people's christmas jumper without a trace of irony thank you very much

Frank

Actual Bill proper Sienkiewicz's real cover for the totally authentic Big Numbers issue 6. The Sink says he produced covers for the series in advance, so there are another 3 unseen masterpieces out there*

USD 4,500, if you're looking for a last minute Christmas present:

* Held by Kevin Eastman, apparently. Part of the mammoth early-nineties acquisition spree that saw him use Turtles cash to commission comics from anyone who had ever picked up a pencil.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 08 December, 2018, 03:49:33 PM
I like my Christmas jumper and other people's christmas jumper without a trace of irony thank you very much

If yours has functioning lights on it, I regret to announce it will be immediately removed and destroyed.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Frank on 08 December, 2018, 04:01:52 PM

Actual Bill proper Sienkiewicz's real cover for the totally authentic Big Numbers issue 6. The Sink says he produced covers for the series in advance, so there are another 3 unseen masterpieces out there*

USD 4,500, if you're looking for a last minute Christmas present:

* Held by Kevin Eastman, apparently. Part of the mammoth early-nineties acquisition spree that saw him use Turtles cash to commission comics from anyone who had ever picked up a pencil.
Holy shit!
We never really die.