Main Menu

Talisman

Started by Emp, 18 October, 2013, 08:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

New on STEAM for £12, the early access of the computer version of Games Workshops "classic" board game.

It's bright,colourful an like Chainsaw warrior does away with all the fiddly tokens and set up. However it's for 1-4 players but doesn't seem to have a "hotseat" setup, relying on a LAN setup. The other downside is that it does nothing to remove the frustration of the original board game that saw it consigned to the back of my game cupboard.

All in all I'd say it's about a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. If the game goes anymore than about 90 mins you're likely to get bored. i say that as my first game lasted 90 mins and I was starting to flag and i am now going to play something exciting...like Civy :D

Emp

I stand corrected...there is a hotseat seat up....so good for having friends round.

Heath C Ackley

I have the prologue version on my kindle. It's ok even if it is only solo play. I thought the kids would enjoy it but their interest soon began to flag. I play when I've got ten minutes spare. I loved the original even though, with all the add-ons, there was little in the room left on the table top!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

ThryllSeekyr

I purchased the single-player version of this and I'm about to play it now......

I may get 1-4 multi-player version later on.....when it's finished.

ThryllSeekyr

Okay, I played it for a while as Warrior in the Warrior's Training mission. I actually made it to the Inner-Ring a few times, but never further than that and was about give up when it told me I completed my quest.

I had picked three Life-Stream cards that raise my strength by one each time I land on the spot where I left that card. Although they can only be used four times each.

I still hadn't quite started using the third one by the time I had completed the quest and I ended with a strength of 13 (After starting with Strength of just 4) + 3 (+2 Points for wielding two axes and +1 for having a Unicorn Follower) It would have been +4 but I fumbled the inventory while purchasing my second axe from the Black-Smith.

I also had a Helmet and was carrying shield as well, but decided to drop the shield in favour of a second weapon.

I had gained up to 10 Gold-Pieces and spent three of those on my second axe before the quest was completed.

I could raise my Fate to two and that was because of the Unicorn Follower

I had learnt one Spell, but since I had no Craft, I couldn't use it.

I had gained three Followers, a Pixie, a Guide that would save from getting lost in the wilderness and forests. I had the Unicorn which gave me +1 to Strength and Fate.

I had killed eleven enemies and taken them as Trophies.

They were....

A Serpent,

Three Goblins,

A Wolf,

A Lion

A Boar,

A Ape,

A Brigand,

A Hob-Goblin,

A Ogre

What was the point to this?

I was thinking of giving up as I noticed there wasn't much variety of places on the Inner-Ring and there seemed to be no chance of getting to the Crown.

So, I just kept getting teleported or transported to the outer ring or dice with Death or battle a Were-Wolf in a cave and since I had raised my Strength. The Sentinel guarding entrance to the Middle-Ring wasn't so hard to defeat and same goes for the entrance to the Inner-Ring as well.

I just kept going around the Outer-Ring and landing on the places where I had picked Life-Stream to raise my Strength possibly up to 16.

Then the quest was completed for no reason at all and I earned a Token on Warrior's Training.

So, what was my Warrior's quest exactly?

Does each different character you pick place on a different board?

What happens if I collect all the Tokens?

ThryllSeekyr

I just picked the Druid and peeked the first Warrior quest, which I had before and it says that I had to wield two weapons and than fight and defeat and a beast.

That's it, that's all I had to do.

Heath C Ackley

Tokens and the general gameplay seems to me to be too dependant on how many turns it takes to complete a mission. I haven't tried the main quest yet. I suppose the complete multiplayer version will increase the appeal and interest.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."