Main Menu

Zenith Reprints?

Started by hailtothechimp, 11 August, 2004, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hailtothechimp

Forgive me if this has been asked before BUT...does anyone know if there are plans afoot to reprint Zenith books 1-5? I'm a great fan of the series and would love to get my greasy mitts on reprints but, at the moment, they are sadly out of print. Strange considering Morrison's high profile on both sides of the Atlantic.

Mr C

First off: Great name! Welcome to the board!

Secondly: Morrison will not let Zenith be reprinted. There was some nastiness regarding pay or royalties or something, but the upshot of it all is that Zenith probably wont ever be reprinted.

Dudley

Nothing to add.
But what a great board name!

Matt Timson

NO!  It's another simian!  This simply will not do...
Pffft...

The Amstor Computer

Ha! Your time is OVER, you hairy fiend!

**Dirty Frank runs off to gather pitchforks & irate villagers**

hailtothechimp

Thanks for the welcomes. I had heard some dark rumours about rights, financial squabbles and the rest but was unsure of any details. What a pain...I guess I'll have to scout around ebay (and the like) for some, inevitably, overpriced volumes.

The Amstor Computer

Well, I'm not sure the situation is totally bleak. The DC/Rebellion deal *may* open the way to a reprint of Zenith, considering Morrison's high-profile with DC.

Bart Oliver

Welcome to the board HTTC.

++ *may* open the way to a reprint of Zenith ++

I hope so.. digits crossed eh?

B.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Marbles

don't forget old copies of 'Best Of 2000AD' which collect a fair chunk of Zenith - casn't remember exactly which issues, but the info is on this site somewhere.

my copies were '4 for a ?1'.

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Proudhuff

Welcome Chippus! do you wear a hat by any chance?

As for Zenith, there are a copy of interesting links from this site you might like to explore

helpful Huff
DDT did a job on me

Bico

I thought Zenith was work-for-hire?

Tu-plang

I really don't see how Grant Morrison could have any grounds for stopping reprinting of Zenith... It's not his, Rebellion owns it, he has no stake in it.  He even used inhouse characters in it himself, the cheeky twat.

Honestly, isn't he just being a bastard?

The Amstor Computer

Boy: AFAIK, Zenith was work-for-hire, but I believe Morrison has said that the contract didn't specify anything about reprint rights. If that's true, Titan's previous collections were very iffy, and I believe any future collection from Rebellion, Titan or Rebellion/DC could be subject to legal challenge.

Tweak72

bollox i had book 1 and war in hevan pt 1 & 2 and lost them
AAAIIIIEEEE!!!
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

thrillpowerseeker

I'm sure theres a yahoo club with the Zenith books available as scans on a zip file