Main Menu

ZARJAZ - Small Press

Started by WoD, 13 September, 2004, 06:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Is this still running?  Does the person(S) who were involved post on here?  I have a couple of them but FP in Cardiff stopped selling them a while back so I'd like to know if they are still available or if there is a website, etc.?

Cheers,
WoD.

Art

I think Andrew Lewis took some time off to do some real-wrold stuff, i've not heard from him for a while. Logan? Anyone?

crill

I had stories in one and two, and a three and four came out. There was supposed to be a fifth which I wrote a story for but I haven't really heard anything for ages. I know Andrew and his wife had a baby, so I'm sure his time is pretty much taken up.

Paul
http://www.paulcrilley.com
--
"The Invisible Order #1 - Rise of the Darklings" -- Egmont USA

House of Usher

Zarjaz (Andrew Lewis, and contributor Matt Thomas) is based in South Wales (correct me if I'm wrong, crill), so if there ever is a number 5, it's a fairly safe bet Forbidden Planet in Cardiff will sell it. There was no new Zarjaz at the Bristol con back in April, so it sounds to me having a family taking precedence hypothesis is a likely one.

I hope there will be a fifth edition before long, because it is, well... Zarjaz!
STRIKE !!!

ukdane

I wrote to him a while back (via email) to ask about availability of #3 & 4, but never got an answer! :-(
Cheers

-Daney

Generally Contrary

I hope it is still going because I was going to have a strip in #5.  Oh, and 'cos it is actually a really good small-press comic, even if you were of a mind to deduct marks for fan-fiction.

paulvonscott

I had no response to e-mails, but I didn't know he'd had a baby.  He's probably just getting his priorities sorted out!  Hope he's happy whatever he decides to do, best of luck to him!

I picked up issue 1 at Moniaive, which was the only one I was missing.  It is a good anthology, I was almost tempted to submit something for issue 5, but I'll never get around to it now, too many of my own comics to write.

WoD

I can understand why it's on the back-burner if he's had a baby, although the lack of sleep could make for an interesting editorial slant...