Main Menu

Yet another fantasy series I am looking for

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 15 August, 2007, 03:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Right, this one has a number of fictional countries which are "fantasy versions" of real countries. I think the "fantasy Scotland" is described has wering kilts and have ginger/orange hair. Please help?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

Discworld?  Judge Dredd?  I'm thinking you need to give us a bit more to go on here, Batson...

Richmond Clements

Sounds like the real Scotland to me...

Batman's Superior Cousin

I'm going with what I remember. I believe its a old fantasy series. I think one country declares war on the other countries, oh and one of the countries (I think Scotland again) fight with swords, all others have guns.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Batman's Superior Cousin

Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

Earthsea, you say?  Well, there is the rather harrowing Gifts by the incomparable LeGuin, which has a certain "fantasy Highlands" vibe to it - but it's only about 4 years old, and there weren't (IIRC) any guns.  Highly recommended, much like everything else she's ever written.  Almost certainly not what you're looking for...

The only other candidate I can think of are poor old David Gemell's Rigante books from about 2000 - I've only read the second one (Midnight Falcon?), and didn't care for it... but there are fantasy-Highlander-types fighting English-types, and has both guns and magic, so it might fit the bill, if I'm remembering it right.

Floyd-the-k

Jan Morris has written a few books about a fictional city but I think it's 'literary' rather than fantasy and is probably bereft of ginger Scotspeople

Batman's Superior Cousin

None of those but thanks anyway. I may as well forget about it.
Texts from Last Night

Pete Wells

Looking at bottom of the Star Scans page there are a series of Ezquerra images from Tornado called Tornado's Galaxy of Heroes

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=covers&page=scans" target="_blank">Go to the bottom of the page...

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/scans/hires/tornado07.jpg">