Main Menu

Zizz - what does it do?

Started by shaolin_monkey, 13 December, 2012, 05:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Howdy folks.  Bit of a bizarre question, but I'm wondering if anyone has gathered from any old progs why Zizz is so addictive?  What does it do?  What are the effects on the user?  What are the withdrawal symptoms like?

Any help much appreciated!

shaolin_monkey

Also, what are the alternatives to Zizz?  What other drugs are available in the Big Meg, besides slo-mo?

Dandontdare

It puts the boop on your best brown boots, and also puts the glop on your zigga zigga zing zang.

radiator

It's effect is to provide writers with a vague drug element to insert into stories as required.

QuoteWhat other drugs are available in the Big Meg, besides slo-mo?

Well, Umpty and Brain Chowder for two.

Steve Green

Psycho-Dycho, Hallucinogenic used to treat patients. Appeared in a McCarthy strip where Dredd is accidentally exposed.

Trip-L, seen in Anderson story the Trip. Gives feelings of euphoria and a god-like perspective.

Sure there're are few others when characters are discussing them.

WhitBloke

Not really a 'recreational' drug in the way Zizz is, I guess, but one for your list, Shaolin Monkey.

Stanimine - an illegal stamina-building sports drug that showed up during the Lunar Olympics of 2100.  My own reading of this is that given the governance of Luna-1 at the time, and with reference to anti-drug  trafficking likelihoods, Stanimine was illegal throughout the three parental American mega-cities of the day and presumeably remains so today.  Not that MC-2 really cares.  Although, MC-2 did have some crrrrazy sports laws.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Pioneer

Brainwipe? Or is that just another street name for zizz?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: radiator on 13 December, 2012, 06:28:19 PM
It's effect is to provide writers with a vague drug element to insert into stories as required.

QuoteWhat other drugs are available in the Big Meg, besides slo-mo?

Well, Umpty and Brain Chowder for two.

Unity wasn't a drug - just food that happened to have the greatest taste ever created. And as I typed that, I then remembered sugar is illegal... But is it described as a drug?

Stookie.

Proudhuff

Zizz is the biz that gives you whizz  :o

Not sure if the withdrawl etc ever been addressed in the Prog/Meg

There's also alcohol, tobbacco, suger. Isn't there some sort of Angeldust too?

DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Wasnt there a Dredd a few years back which had heroin in it? or did I dream that when I was high on Zizz?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 14 December, 2012, 11:16:50 AM
Wasnt there a Dredd a few years back which had heroin in it? or did I dream that when I was high on Zizz?

This is being passed to my lawyer
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Satanist on 14 December, 2012, 11:16:50 AM
Wasnt there a Dredd a few years back which had heroin in it?

Yes. One of Robbie Morrison's wide-of-the-mark human-face-of-Dredd stories. IIRC, it was rather nicely illustrated by Peter Doherty.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me