Main Menu

Yorkshire cricket jumper - not wool

Started by Tiplodocus, 12 November, 2014, 12:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Please help.

I've done a pretty exhaustive (ing) trawl of t'internet trying to find a Yorkshire Cricket Club jumper that isn't made of wool but no luck.

Not some fancy one day thing but the classic style cricket whites with the bands at collar and cuffs. You'd think their club website would have them but nope.

I'm hoping that, as is ever the way with these things, somebody googles something slightly different and comes back with an answer within two seconds...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Cricket Jumper?

NOT wool?

YORKSHIRE?!!!

There's so much wrong with that request I don't know where to start.  :D

Colin Zeal

I can't see anything on line sadly. Have you tried somewhere that does designs for club sides? They may print one for you. although you may fall foul of trademark rules, but if you explain the situation they may be able to help. http://www.crickethaven.com/

If not then buy a non wool jumper and find a dodgy print shop who won't be concerned about that.

Banners

Can't you find someone to knit one for you with a suitable wool twelfth man substitute?

Tiplodocus

Well I am trying to replace the one me dear departed Mum knitted me some tewnty eight years ago. It had sagged all the way down to my knees and could no longer be worn in public.

The knitting idea is great. I think one of my nieces inherited the knitting machine and she owes me for lending her the last few seasons of Smallville. Actually, that may not work in my favour...

Dominic O'Rourke

Member No. 10

Tiplodocus

Sadly, it has gone to the great recycling dump in the sky. It also had a big oily mark on it that I couldn't get out.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 November, 2014, 01:48:57 PM
Cricket Jumper?
NOT wool?
YORKSHIRE?!!!
There's so much wrong with that request I don't know where to start.  :D

This is a forum where half the members like to dress up and pretend that they are futuristic fascist cop bully boys and I'm getting taking to task for wearing a piece of casual clothing that reflects upon a sport I like (cricket), my place of birth (Yorkshire) and my ethics (not wool because I don't partake of animal products)... fair enough, I suppose.