Main Menu

Prog 2162 : The gift of Thrill Power!

Started by Darren Stephens, 14 December, 2019, 06:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

And so, the bumper Christmas prog lands with a satisfyingly loud thump on the Stephens household welcome mat. As is customary, I'll not be devouring this in one sitting. Behind the stunning Alex Ronald cover lies a treasure trove of eye melting strips. I've only read Dredd so far, and must say it's a very amusing little seasonal tale from T.C Eglington with lovely art from Karl Richardson

The rest will be taken in slowly over the next couple of weeks, but I've had a peek and it all looks as awesome as expected. Great to see strips with art from Brenden McCarthy and Henry Flint in there.

Have a great Christmas everyone. Enjoy!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

hippynumber1

I genuinely can't remember the last time I received a Saturday prog. 😢

Tjm86

First time this month the prog has turned up on Saturday.  Meg too.  Brief flick in preparation for the long, slow, savouring  .... looking good.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tjm86 on 14 December, 2019, 06:59:52 PM
First time this month the prog has turned up on Saturday.  Meg too.  Brief flick in preparation for the long, slow, savouring  .... looking good.

Shame here (I think its the first this month anyway) bloody sods law too as I always save the X-Mas Prog until I'm away on our family X-Mas run so won't be reading it yet anyway. Looks lovely though.

Bolt-01

Jim - those are some sweet letters there. You didn't mention this at TB.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 December, 2019, 08:49:52 AM
Jim - those are some sweet letters there. You didn't mention this at TB.

Thanks, Bolt! Thing is, I didn't know at Thought Bubble — I got the call-up from His Verdant Majesty literally the day I got back home. :-)

As I've said on that there social media, I'm filling in for Ellie, who isn't well at present so I'm in the ironic position of landing my dream gig and simultaneously hoping that Ellie is well enough to take her spot back soon. I'm just planning to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Agh! Get well Ellie and maybe TMO will let you complete this run for each series?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 December, 2019, 09:54:49 AM
Agh! Get well Ellie and maybe TMO will let you complete this run for each series?

I don't presume to know the will of His Ineffable Greenness. I am but his 'umble robotic servant.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Proudhuff

Saturday proggage and the Meg, bliss! Still had a pile of FP comics to read too, so overdosed on Sunday night  :crazy:

Dredd, and great xmas story to get to a pun...

There seems to be a fair bit of challenging strips here, but I'm happy with the change of tack, but I did think the Absolom tidy up was great, even if the polis uniforms seemed like they were out of the ark.

A double letters page but no Butt'man letters, will he ever get that golden 100?

and well done to Jim!
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

"Hi! My name's Gordon Rennie, and I like screwing with collectors of 2000 AD trade paperbacks, by entertainingly hurling a single-episode epilogue out there after the final trade of a series is on sale!"

*sobs*

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 December, 2019, 03:34:35 PM
"Hi! My name's Gordon Rennie, and I like screwing with collectors of 2000 AD trade paperbacks, by entertainingly hurling a single-episode epilogue out there after the final trade of a series is on sale!"

*sobs*

Exactly how I feel after reading that story.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

MumboJimbo

As I don't get mine until Wednesday, does anyone have a list of strips?

Here's what I've gleaned so far:

Dredd (duh)
Brink
Proteus Rex
A Zaucer of Zilk
Absalom
Fall of Deadworld

Any others?

Pyroxian

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 December, 2019, 03:34:35 PM

*sobs*

Unless of course it's a prologue for a new story...