Main Menu

Prog 2162 : The gift of Thrill Power!

Started by Darren Stephens, 14 December, 2019, 06:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 16 December, 2019, 04:59:31 PM
As I don't get mine until Wednesday, does anyone have a list of strips?

Here's what I've gleaned so far:

Dredd (duh)
Brink
Proteus Rex
A Zaucer of Zilk
Absalom
Fall of Deadworld

Any others?

there's also a new fantasy strip called Feral & Foe

broodblik

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 16 December, 2019, 04:59:31 PM
As I don't get mine until Wednesday, does anyone have a list of strips?

Here's what I've gleaned so far:

Dredd (duh)
Brink
Proteus Rex
A Zaucer of Zilk
Absalom
Fall of Deadworld

Any others?

Durham Red
Feral and Foe (new Thrill)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

MumboJimbo

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Pyroxian on 16 December, 2019, 05:05:14 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 December, 2019, 03:34:35 PM
"Hi! My name's Gordon Rennie, and I like screwing with collectors of 2000 AD trade paperbacks, by entertainingly hurling a single-episode epilogue out there after the final trade of a series is on sale!"

*sobs*

Unless of course it's a prologue for a new story...

I assumed it was.  :)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Proudhuff

It certainly read like that, would be a fine series...
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

I really like that cover. I'm a sucker for an old skool Christmas themed cover, and Alex has become one of the best cover artists in the business.  Great to see Aaln-1 back in all his Tam-o'-shantered glory too!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 December, 2019, 12:40:44 PM
I really like that cover. I'm a sucker for an old skool Christmas themed cover, and Alex has become one of the best cover artists in the business.  Great to see Aaln-1 back in all his Tam-o'-shantered glory too!

Aye, Alex always knocks it out the park, I thoughty Bert got Mekquaked in a previous issue?
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

I am not always a fan of any Christmas related themes but the cover is really awesome.

Here is how it was done : https://2000ad.com/news/2000-ad-covers-uncovered-drokking-around-the-christmas-tree/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Got mine!  Read Droid Life, Dredd, Deadworld and Feral & Foe so far. 

Nice to see a Christmas Dredd story - enjoyable enough.  I still think Al Ewing's choose-your-own-adventure festive Dredd one was one of the best Dredd one-offs ever, by any writer, so I suppose between him and Lord Wagner we've been spoiled in the past.  Still, this one was fun, with a classic Dredd quip at the end.

Deadworld is great, cleverly knitting current themes into old Young Death ones more than ever before, with a tiny bit of seasonal festivities thrown into the mix of body horror and hopelessness.

Feral and Foe seems interesting so far, with f-words all over the place (but with a heavy accent so it's fine) and a fantasy setting.

Droid Life, as always, is outstanding. Long may it herald the start of the holidays.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

geronimo

Just gotta say that the standard of art in this special is out-standing all the way through, really great work here, Tharg is maintaining a solid stable of talent indeed.
Looking forward to 2020.

IndigoPrime

Really lovely to see Tharg continuing a Christmas tradition in the letters page. Long may that continue!

Trout

I loved. this comic and I am grateful to everyone who helped make it.

My favourites were Absalom and Feral & Foe, but the rest were entertaining, too.

Cheers and merry Christmas!

- Trout

The Monarch

i really hope this means peter hogan gets more work in 2000ad he kinda got screwed over in the early 90s when he was writing some of the best stuff of that time

IndigoPrime

At least one of the text articles hints that Hogan is mulling over more 2000 AD work. I hope so as well – his work was always solid, and there's room in the modern Prog for more thoughtful stuff. Resident Alien is a superb series. Also, it's good to know burned bridges can be repaired. I hope perhaps one day that might be the case with John Smith.

The Monarch