Main Menu

Meg 336

Started by Proudhuff, 13 May, 2013, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

Wow, being relatively new to the forum I do keep forgetting that creators are reading stuff too.  Thanks for the info Colin.

Agree with IndigoPrime that I have in no way been disappointed with the change in style - I remain consistently impressed with your work and am really enjoying the latest Insurrection.  I think that radiates through what I have seen other people comment also.

It seems that the style change was just something that piqued people's interest and has had a fair few comments on the recent Meg threads.

Mabs

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 17 May, 2013, 04:25:39 PM
Hi folks!
Looks like a fair few comments about the shift in style on Insurrection III. Okay, here we go.

I won't go in to details, but the main reason for the change in art style was due to personal life stuff.
I started drawing Insurrection III last year, however it didn't go well. I tried to keep going with the greyscale style from the previous series, however it was impossible. I found myself incapable of rendering with that technique. The decision was taken by me to change style in episode two. It was either that, or the third series would not be coming out in the comic. I think folks would have liked that even less.

It was not an easy decision by any means. I knew it would, and has, disappointed the readers of the Meg. For this I apologise.
However ... I hope people can look beyond the shift, as many have already done judging by the comments, and enjoy the series. I think in some ways it'll be the best of the three. ... story wise anyways. :)

On a final note I have taken the decision to redraw episode one at my own expense for the collected edition, whenever that appears. I may have not had the time to redo it for the monthly Meg, but at least it'll be sorted out and something new to look forward to in the collection.

Anyhoo, hope you all enjoy series three and I'll see all when I see you.

Cheers

Colin

It's mighty nice to hear from you Mr. MacNeil! I'd just like to echo what IndigoPrime has said and thats the recent style for Insurrection III is in no way inferior to your past style or for the start of the new series, but even then it is still magnificent (I was busy reading the latest instalment of Insurrection III before coming on here and I really enjoyed it!). Keep up the excellent work and thank you for taking the time to reply and clarify your decision!  :)
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

The Reaper File was quite good wasn't it? I thoroughly enjoyed it, even more-so than the actual AR strip itself! Fay Dalton's artwork is simply irresistible.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Zarjazzer

I love that "hi-ex!" panel in Insurrection.Good prog with Francisco tip top and  a good Dreddy. And Anderson returning.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Proudhuff

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 May, 2013, 05:27:10 PM
@Colin. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 17 May, 2013, 04:25:39 PMI hope people can look beyond the shift, as many have already done judging by the comments, and enjoy the series. I think in some ways it'll be the best of the three. ... story wise anyways. :)
I'd have to say that I don't believe the current style is somehow inferior to the other one—it's just different. I imagine most people here would agree. (Or at least I hope that's the case.)

QuoteOn a final note I have taken the decision to redraw episode one at my own expense for the collected edition
Blimey! And that, everyone, is what's called going above and beyond.

This  :D
DDT did a job on me

Recrewt

Well, sat down to read the Meg last night and I noticed the following in the editor's letter:

"Those of you formulating your own conspiracy theories about where Dreddlines has gone, don't worry, it hasn't been carted off by the Men in Black - the simple truth is that I haven't had enough letters over the past few months to run a whole page.  So get writing - fill an email with your opinions on the Meg, bang it off to dreddlines@2000ADonline.com and you win a free graphic novel.  Sounds like a bargain to me, creeps!"

That should make Buttonman happy, I'm off to compose an email!

Dog Deever

I'd also like to echo the sentiments that Insurrection is still the dogs bollocks- there is no disappointment at all. It's my 'go-to-1st' Meg story. I think most of us would agree that it still looks zarjaz, albeit in a different way- there's room for many styles (except anime) in an anthology and in one artist too. Sounds like you need some butteries to fortify you- I'll bring some Peterheid ones tae the Glasgow Con we can munch them safe in the knowledge that no-one else will touch them with a bargepole
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Proudhuff

count me in for Butteries DD, perferably with a tattie scone on it, accompanied by a Macaroni Pie and a glass bottle of IB, perfect brekkie  :D
DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

just keep your stovies to yourself  :sick:

Dog Deever

I'll bring plenty of 'em- you poor fat-starved Southers- how do you manage?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

hippynumber1

Weren't we (subscribers) due a Megazine this weekend just gone? Anyone had there's?

James Stacey

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 03 June, 2013, 07:02:27 PM
Weren't we (subscribers) due a Megazine this weekend just gone? Anyone had there's?
It's monthly now not 4 weekly so I think there isn't one due till next week

hippynumber1

Yes, but I thought it was 'out' on the first Wednesday of the month - that would be tomorrow, which means subscribers should have had it on Saturday? It seems as though no-one has had it though...

James Stacey

Not sure. The last 3 Meg threads here have been started around the second week of the month

hippynumber1

I shall hold off on phoning Denise just yet then...