Previous topic - Next topic

Dodsy

Quote from: moly on 14 October, 2013, 07:23:21 PM
Great meg this month and great to see lobster random coming next month

He is? Brilliant news!  :D
Twitter - @dodsy84

Steven Denton

Quote from: Proudhuff on 14 October, 2013, 11:31:01 AM

Monsterology: I'd managed to see most of this elsewhere on the web and have ordered it, my only niggle is that the colours are overall quite dark and could use a tad more contrast. This, however maybe the printing or the whole digital colours not transfering to well to paper thing.

I've not seen the printed pages yet but it was the last time I worked in RGB pretending to be CYMK for exactly that reason! Unpredictable results

Dandontdare

Quote from: dodsy on 16 October, 2013, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: moly on 14 October, 2013, 07:23:21 PM
Great meg this month and great to see lobster random coming next month

He is? Brilliant news!  :D

I had mixed reaction to this news - if they're reprinting them in a Meg floppy, it suggests that Lob's never going to get a proper trade.

IndigoPrime

Not necessarily—other floppy content's made its way to trades eventually.

Mabs

That one page splash on page 2 of Insurrection is a work of fucking art. And there is no other way it could've been potrayed. It is both shocking and breathtaking in equal measure. Colin MacNeil, if you're reading this- take a bow.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 October, 2013, 05:30:13 PM
Not necessarily—other floppy content's made its way to trades eventually.
Not that many. Only Deadlock:Return to Termight and Snow/Tiger I think. Doesn't bode well for LR though.

The Adventurer

QuoteGreat meg this month and great to see lobster random coming next month

And just like that, my hope of seeing a proper Lobster Random trade in the next year or two dies.

Are they at least reprinting the first Lob story? Because I've actually never read it. But I wouldn't be shocked it they jumped to book 2, since book 1 already exists as as HC. But would suck for me.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Adventurer

QuoteNot that many. Only Deadlock:Return to Termight and Snow/Tiger I think. Doesn't bode well for LR though.
Chopper: Song of the Surfer, too.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Adventurer on 17 October, 2013, 08:01:24 AM
And just like that, my hope of seeing a proper Lobster Random trade in the next year or two dies.

I wouldn't see it as a negative in the medium-long term - once the digital files have been sorted out for the floppy, the cost of producing any future TPB falls dramatically (I suspect this potential for future use is part of what makes the floppies a viable way of adding value to the Meg).  But yes, in the case of another release in the short term it's not a good sign.

Mabs

Seeing as the chance to see The Red Seas Vol. 2, 3, and so on, being published is remote, I'd happily settle on seeing them in the floppy. C'mon Tharg, Matt, Grud, Jovis - please make it happen!  :'(
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

The Adventurer

fffffffff

I just read through the Detonator X floppy and turned to the preview for next month. Its Lobster Random: Tooth & Claw.

The second Lobster Random book.

*bangs head against the nearest wall*

Dark Jimbo

Lobster Random's an annoying one because it stopped one book short of the big, apocalyptic ending it had clearly been building to since the beginning. If that had emerged then collecting the strip would be a 'no-brainer', as the colonials say - Books I, II and III in one collection (and they work nicely as a trilogy) then [spoiler]The Vort[/spoiler], Book IV and Book V in another.

Quote from: The Adventurer on 17 October, 2013, 08:02:20 AM
QuoteNot that many. Only Deadlock and Snow/Tiger I think.
Chopper: Song of the Surfer, too.

And Raptaur was reprinted only a few months ahead of Case Files 16. Go back as far as the Extreme Editions and you've also got Ro-Busters, Robo Hunter, Invasion, Judge Death, all the PJ Maybe stuff, Meltdown Man, Al's Baby...
@jamesfeistdraws

Dan Banks

I second the notion of having Red Seas as a potential future floppy. I've been able to read the first and last stories and nothing in between, shame.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dan Banks on 17 October, 2013, 12:39:30 PM
I second the notion of having Red Seas as a potential future floppy. I've been able to read the first and last stories and nothing in between, shame.

I imagine it's on a to-do list somewhere, but it'd be a lot of floppies!  About 10, I'd think. 

Dodsy

At least the first Lobster book is out there should anyone want to track it down. I'm just happy that it's finally getting re-printed in some form and hopfully the rest aren't too far behind.

On another note; how great is the Meg these days? I think it might actually beat the Prog for me at the minute which only really has Dredd and Brass Sun I'd consider my favs whilst the Meg has Dredd (obviously), the movie sequal, Insurection which I'm really hoping the entire trilogy is collected as I've never read the first two and lastely Ordinary which is one of the best strips I've read in ages.
Twitter - @dodsy84