Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Cam Kennedy or Simon Bisley

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 January, 2021, 06:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Andrew_J

AlexF

paddykafka

For "The Art of Kenny Who" alone, I would have to give my vote to Cam Kennedy.

TordelBack

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

credo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 January, 2021, 10:04:31 AM
Black Hole was iconic. The first book of Horned God was amazing and a game-changing moment in comics. But I never clicked with Bisley's Dredd, and Horned God later on became oddly scrappy.

Kennedy was one of those classic 2000 AD artists from that era where there was so much dynamism and great design in everything they touched. His Dredd is superb. And while I don't really care about Rogue Trooper and VCs, Kennedy's art urges me to read them again. So: Kennedy.

This 100%, so Cam Kennedy for me.

Rogue Judge

Kenny Who for me.

Cam Kennedy draws a top 3 Dredd IMO, and a perfect Rogue Trooper.

shaolin_monkey

sixmo

I loved Bisley's work on ABC Warriors and Slaine. Brilliant era defining work. I have spent a *lot* of time doodling copies of various Bisley designs like Lobo's space penguins and the Batmobile. However, when it comes down to a choice between these two titans, I too am with Kenny Who!

Cam Kennedy's future war work in the VCs and Rogue Trooper is unsurpassed. It's gritty and fantastic. If I imagine someone getting blown up by some kind of future plasma grenade in my head right now, it's definitely drawn by Cam Kennedy. Wooomf!

His work on Dredd is absolutely first rank too. Just look at some of the awesome work in The Midnight Surfer, The Taxidermist, the legendary Kenny Who, Two Ton Tony Tubbs, and that mad story about the rumour of the gas sniffer job going at the poison gas factory. Some really definitive Mega City One imagery. I also love the bonkers loose limbed angles the various characters are always drawn at in action. Really keeps the motion going.

Actually thinking of The Taxidermist, it has one of my favourite couple of panels anywhere in the sequence where Jacob Sardini is talking to his wife and by splitting the action into two panels Kennedy gently shows us that Mrs. Sardini is with us in stuffed form only.

Two great artists, but my choice to proceed is Cam Kennedy.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

JayzusB.Christ

I love Cam Kennedy - for me, his Mega City 1 is the one by which all others are measured, particularly as shown in Sunday Night Fever.

But Biz's ABC Warriors were absolutely amazing, and the Horned God just blew my mind like nothing else in the prog had ever done before.

Sorry, Cam, but it's Bisley.  (I don't feel too guilty, as the Biz hasn't a hope of getting through this round anyway.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Counting this one up in the morning so if you haven't vote yet give your fav a ndo today.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.