Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Very excited to see Kingdom vol.4! Does anyone know how many volumes Abnett has planned for Kingdom?  I think I read somewhere that this series has a definitive ending.

I'm hoping to see a third volume of Lawless and a second volume of Jaegir in 2020 as well.

broodblik

The last series running from prog 2100- 2110 called Alpha and Omega is suppose to be the last series. The ending is leaves a lot of questions open for me. I hope we get another series but that might be wishful thinking.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

The last series was definitely not the final one. So said Mr Abnett when I bumped into him recently in Eastbourne.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Yeah was confirmed in the letters page too a few months ago - I needed reminding of that! Chuffed but if it was going to end that would have been a decent ending.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 July, 2019, 09:14:44 PM
Chuffed but if it was going to end that would have been a decent ending.

I think we have to salute DAbnett — knowing that the Elson droid is much in demand, it's a smart move to end the book with a neat wrap-up if you've no idea how long it will be before you can do another.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rogue Judge

Thanks for the info, glad to hear Kingdom will continue! Hopefully sooner than later...seems I cant get enough Abnett these days.

I read the prog digitally but wait reading certain titles until collected and printed. Kingdom being one of these, so I haven't read Alpha and Omega yet. Waiting is tough...tougher and tough, but I love binge reading it!

Another novel would hold me over just fine in the meantime, as Fiefdom was fantastic too.

broodblik

Good news (and glad to be wrong). I actually missed the news about Kingdom in the letter pages.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 July, 2019, 11:39:39 AM
Masters of British Comics Hardcover, 336 pages, 2nd April 2020

This wildly entertaining and educational tome is a journey through the history of British comics - from the birth of the 20th century to the 80s invasion of American comics by the likes of Brian Bolland, Dave Gibbons and Kevin O'Neil (to name but a few), right up to today's up-and-coming British art stars and the talents of tomorrow.

Revealing the extraordinary history of the UK's prolific comic book industry from the 19th Century to the 21st, this ground breaking volume celebrates the incredible artists who made a huge impact on British comics and would go on to revolutionize the industry on a global scale. Featuring a Who's Who of talent, including Brian Bolland, Yvonne Hutton, Dave Gibbons, celebrated greats such as Don Lawrence and lost masters like Reg Bunn and Shirley Bellwood. Author and 2000 AD artist David Roach takes us on a journey through time detailing the surprising and fascinating evolution of the art from its humble beginnings to its current world-conquering status.

Including artwork from a vast number highly-acclaimed artists, carefully scanned from original artwork, Masters of British Comic Art is the definitive study and celebration of a beloved industry.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Rupert's going to get done for running on a crossing.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 August, 2019, 02:23:33 PM

Kolvorok's going to get done for jaywalking first!
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Fungus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 August, 2019, 02:23:33 PM

Unlikely, not like there's a copper in sight.

Dash Decent

My first thought was that Dredd is holding his daystick the wrong way around, but I suppose it doesn't matter which way around if he's not holding it by the grip.  He could have just drawn it from the holder on his belt; or just about be ready to slide it back.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

He's just getting ready for simultaneous hang the bear (mutie), take out armed insurgent (daystick to head) while simultaneously taking out armed insurrectionist (with lawgiver). Two seconds later, this is a very different, bloodier scene.

Frank

This interview with our own Steve Green and Other Steve about their 2000ad fan films concludes with exciting news:

QuoteSteve Sterlacchini and the team are currently working with artist Mick McMahon and writer Sam Read, to produce an original new comic book "Joe And His Killer Robot Dad" for ages 12 and up. Due to be launched at Thought Bubble Comic Con in the UK this November

https://finalboss.io/judge-minty/