Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Trout on 27 July, 2014, 08:49:47 PM
That's not steak pie. That's stew with pastry a crouton laid on top.

FTFY
Lock up your spoons!

CrazyFoxMachine

A PIE WITHOUT SIDES IS NOT A PIE.

:crazy:

The Enigmatic Dr X

The real crime here is that the pastry hasn't been cooked with the meat, rendering it flaky and dry. It should be soggy on the bottom, thereby keeping its shape when chewed.
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

Quote from: Buntonman on 27 July, 2014, 07:08:13 PM

LIKE   COMMENT   SHARE

I've been co-opted - believe only the true Buttonman. I agree re the pie definition but who's ordering stew with a pastry circle?

As a bonus here is my starter - a nice haggis tower with an unnecessary peppercorn sauce.

The Doctor Alt 8

Of course it was necessary... You have to have SOMETHING to hide the taste of the haggis.

CrazyFoxMachine

I like we were more concerned with the definition of a pie than Buttonman's identity theft.

Trout

Frank

Quote from: Buttonman on 27 July, 2014, 10:58:19 PM
Quote from: Buntonman on 27 July, 2014, 07:08:13 PM

LIKE   COMMENT   SHARE

I've been co-opted - believe only the true Buttonman.

Sorry, but the look on the face of that lassie to your left had me in stitches and had to be brought to wider public attention.

Old Tankie

How do you stay so bloody slim??!!

Fungus

Quote from: Old Tankie on 28 July, 2014, 09:39:04 AM
How do you stay so bloody slim??!!

Probably Photoshop?
That plate wasn't square in reality.

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 27 July, 2014, 10:58:19 PM

I've been co-opted - believe only the true Buttonman.

Yeah, and it's reminded us that your old avatar suited you better.

Trout

Buttonman

Too kind - although in the world comic fandom I'm a veritable Kate Moss in the real world I'm regarded as somewhat 'chunky'. Presently about 14 stone with the goal of 12.5 a madman's dream! I do try not to snack or drink at home (normally fail though) and run 3 /4 times a week for 5-6 miles and do a few Munros a month.

Just like me grub too much!

Buttonman

So that you can all say 'Wait, he's plenty porky' here's last night's dinner. We went down to Seamill as it was the mother-in-law's birthday. We went to the Waterside Restaurant and it was very nice but maybe a touch pricey. I am seen with a tasty chicken and chorizo pasta with garlic bread - £11.95.

ZenArcade

Hmmm, your dinner last night mustn't have been as good as the steak pie one. It looked more of a square meal!! Z leaves quickley.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead