Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Lasagne, Mash, Peas and Sprouts with Rice Pudding

Another unusual combo here. The lasagne was nice but the top was solid and came off in a big cheesy sheet. Not a fan of sprouts at the best of times and these were just mush. Rice pudding was the tinned stuff and OK but nothing exciting.

Chicken Casserole, Broccoli and Mash with gateau and Ice Cream

This doesn't look the best but I ate the lot and enjoyed it. The sauce had a bit of tang to it and although the chicken was the familiar uniformly sliced stuff, it tasted better than usual. The cake was OK with a nice nutty side to it.

von Boom

It looks as though they give you just one random utensil to eat with every meal. Must've been a challenge eating the casserole with just a knife. :)

Fungus

Theblazeuk

Hospital food looks much better than I expected, though the side options seem to be chosen by lottery.

ZenArcade

Yep damn all wrong with that, there's people who'd take the hand off ye for that sort of grub. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Mattofthespurs

Remind me never to get ill.

Funnily enough, been watching the James Martin Hospital foods programme on the BBC.

It appears your hospital was not involved.

I would have lost about 3 stone in 2 weeks.

Buttonman

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Boiled Rice and Crumble and Custard

The sweet and sour was good with plenty of chicken and  flavourful sauce. The crumble, which I think was apple, was fine.

Fish with Mash and Carrots & Turnip

I'm not a great fan of fish but someone had this on a previous offering and it looked quite good - and it was! Fish was entombed in a crispy shell and some tartar sauce helped to enliven it.

Proudhuff

You can get too .much of a good thing...
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Tower of strength as always Tom!

Nearly done! After 12 days in Paisley I was shifted to the Golden Jubilee in Clydebank. This was a former private hospital that went bust and was bought by the NHS. They have retained some of the trappings of a private hospital with actual cups and free wi-fi. The food was noticeably higher spec too.

Gammon Steak with Boiled New Potatoes and Lentil Soup

This was a cracking thick gammon steak that was well cooked and went well with the spuds. The lentil soup was so thick you could stand a spoon up in it. Lovely.

Beef Steak, Mash and Green Beans with Carrot and Coriander Soup

This was my last dinner in 14 days with the NHS and it was one of the best. Nice meat and a rich gravy. The mash was fluffy and not like the tray stuff I've shown previously. The soup was also very nice!

Mattofthespurs

Looks, erm, lovely.

Better than what you would expect.

Got a chest xray tomorrow.

Kinda hoping they keep me in so I can join in.  ;)

Hawkmumbler

The WIAOMH has never been this entertaining. I feel a pang of guilt for your misery, Buttman, but i'm sure it'll pass. Like this crappy food.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

Broon Sass? On a haggis?
You're mental you are.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Buttonman

Everything is better with brown sauce!

I'm fine thanks Tom - nearly 3 weeks with the buzzer and all is good!

Link Prime