Main Menu

Soldier sim.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 13 August, 2009, 10:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Before it died on me my old computer was graced with the deadly 'ARMAII' a soldier Sim game which has the fun part of Army life (ie the fighting,blowing things up bit) without the foot sloggin,waking up at six o'clock on a freezing cold morning being shouted at bit which is much less invigorating.

Very good graphics but a little buggy in places still it's the first game I've bought in yonks and horribly realistic (one shot and your hamburger)it is too. It strained my Nvidia Ge-Force 8600 GT Graphics card some so the biggest card your machine can handle if you wanna go blastin' Blackwater style.

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere on the forums but I'm much to lazy to bother and go look for it.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

the shutdown man

The trailer looks like fun, but do you have to command an AI squad? Those games piss me off since the computer never does what it's told properly.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Some of the missions are squad based which I'm hopeless at as I managed to send my small group of insurgents right into the direct fire coming from the town we were supposed to be infiltrating. I died but moments later.

However there is the fun of the Editor mission where you get to choose who you are(Yankee imperialist, Russian Imperialists or terrorists/'rebel'imperialists ) plus defences, minefields(they only affect armoured vehicles)planes,helicopters etc.

This can be a bit tricky at first and I found if you put special weapons ammo boxes down you can get your mits on a G-36 Assault rifle or even the XM rifle with it's variants, grenade launcher, sniper version.   

Their's only TWO islands you can battle over one more open spaced , one very hilly with tree's and God fighting in forests is hell you can hardly see whose shot through the head for the tenth time.

Very testing though you die a lot due to the lethality of the A.I and staying in the same place for too long is a pine overcoat sooner or later.

You might not want to shell out any money for the moment as OPERATION FLASHPINT 2 and the follow on to Cod 4 (can't remember it's name Warsomething2 I think) are coming out later this year. You might want to wait till they come out for comparison.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla