Main Menu

Judge Dredd Chronology

Started by Callahan, 22 January, 2008, 02:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

Your defensiveness only serves to make you make you sound even more like a thief caught in the act. Go, on ADMIT IT! ADMIT YOUR GUILT! GUILTY! GUILLLLLLLTY! GUUIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Callahan

lol
caught in the act of what exactly?
Oh yeah, getting a chronological list of dredd stories from a site, realizing the thing isn't even accurate, so re-doing it completely to make sure it is accurate (well at least a lot more accurate than what it was).

Yep, guilty as charged!

It's true you know, if you want something done right, do it yourself.
The fact is, (now that certain people would rather insult people rather than clear things up in a friendly fashion) I wouldn't have had to re-do the whole list again if it was done correctly the first time.
How someone who decides to put together such a list to begin with, could forget about Specials (duh!) is beyond me.
I think the real issue here is someone got their panties in a knot because I didn't contact them about the flaws I found.
I simply didn't contact them because I wasn't in the know (as I pointed out to him).
It's not rocket science you know kiddies, the fact remains that we now have a more accurate list because I was bothered to start from scratch & fully research the list & update it.

But hey, if you'd rather just act like the king of retards, that's fine by me.
I've got a bit of spare time at the moment & I'm more than happy to amuse myself by watching some upstart like yourself trying very hard to impress people with their 'witty' replys.
But please, could you try a little harder, I'm still scratching my head in amazement at the moronic analogy that you made.
If I wasn't so bored, I wouldn't even bother replying to someone so witless.
But poking retards has it's moments I suppose.

Grant Goggans

I appreciate the irony of being categorized as a "psycho," "jumping up & down," by someone incapable of typing very many paragraphs without the use of lots of exclamation points and ?????????????s, and by someone who states, at 4.20 on 1/23/08 [American dating] "I never knew your site existed," before admitting at length than he did.  But forgot where it was.

Yet the characterization and series of personal attacks against forum members is unsurprising.  Since you've been caught in the act of what is, at least, an act of very bad faith in *any* fandom, you're unable to try and work out any defense or rationale for the way you've acted.  Instead, you've chosen to attempt to portray my objections to what you've done as the ranting of a demented loon, and point and laugh, and try and draw as much attention away from your poor faith and plagiarism as possible.  I really don't think it will work; good fandoms, whether of comics or TV shows or films, come together through the sharing of positive traits.

When bad eggs appear and make statements like "I've just finished an exhaustive mission of compiling every Judge Dredd Story" and present several hundred lines of text as though that was the result of their own time compiling and typing, they deserve to be hoist on their own petard.  Rarely, in my experience, do they grab the back of their own underwear and hike it quite so high as you've done with your vent-filled defenses.

Perhaps I'm wrong, though.  Tell you what, pop over to Outpost Gallifrey, copy-n-paste their Doctor Who episode guide, and then change the numbering of the serials.  Give "Shada" a number and then change the numbers of all the ones after 1979.  Then pop into their forum and tell the fans there how you've just finished an exhaustive mission of compiling a Doctor Who episode guide.

I kind of think somebody might call you out on it there, too.

And that, in the end, is what makes you the worst kind of "fan" - not merely because you take other people's work and mislead others into thinking it's your own, but truly because you make the otherwise upbeat and positive experience that comes from a community of like-minded readers into... something negative and unpleasant.  Sorry you're unable to see that.  The piers on the Gold Coast must indeed be short.

TordelBack

Wow!  It feels like a real forum in here now!

vzzbux

Callahan, pause for thought.

Imagine you have just spent an absolute age compiling a list from hundreds and hundreds of comics and someone comes along saying Your list is wrong and I have fixed it by adding afew extra lines , How would you feel?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Callahan

Yes, I fully understand the point you're putting across but when I was questioned by hipsterdad, he asked why didn't I simply let the Tharg site knowm of any updates (the only time he's been civil to me).
At this point I obviously knew the site was still around then so I tried explaining the completely innocent reason to how my newer version of the list came to be & why I posted it on here.
I also told him no disrespect was ever meant.
There are also so many other facts I clearly made (read my posts), to try to put him in the picture but he simply chose to call me a liar.
Then he started ranting about never saying his list was flawless?
I never said it was, I just posted the updated list I had made & never said a thing about the list.
And when someone asked me about the list, I had no hesitation in saying I originally copied most of it from a site about a year ago.

But then this jerk-off goes off the rails & starts calling me everything under the sun & then has the nerve to say this when I return fire
"Yet the characterization and series of personal attacks against forum members is unsurprising."

Characterization & personal attacks?, where does this guy get off after doing the exact same thing to me.

So no, I'm afraid I've gone beyond the point of seeing things in dipshitdad's perspective.
I tried my best explaining things, I told him it was innocently done but it's obvious he's one of those conspiracist nutters & believes we're all against him.

And just for the record dipshitdad, when I told you I never knew your site existed, if you bothered to read my explanation, it simply meant I never knew it was still around....but I guess piecing information together is not one of your strong points .

And yes it was an exhaustive exercise of compiling  an updated list even though I already had 80% of it copied already. As soon as I realized it was wrong, I had to go through the whole thing from start to finish to find & fix all the other fu*k-ups you had made in it.
Excuse me for wanting a more accurate chronology & bothering to share it.

But hey, take MY updates & keep the list as yours.
It obviously means a lot to you.
I'll be fixing some more mistakes I just found in it (yours of course).
But hey, don't worry, I wouldn't dare post them again. I'll let you do the research.

Anyway folks, hanging around & posting in forums too much is really worrying so fuck you all very much,it's been a pleasure & everyone's welcome to take my updated list & put their name on it & pass it off as their own. Who really cares anyway, right?
Be warned though: it really won't make a difference to your life though, other than the fact that dipshitdad will hit the fan.

Richmond Clements

You were bullied as a child, weren't you?

Satanist

"so fuck you all very much"

HEY THATS WHAT I WANTED TO TELL THE INTERNET!

BAH! I suppose I could change it a bit and call you all C*nts but it just wont be the same....
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Funt Solo

This reminds me of that guy that tried to pass off (very well drawn) copies of Judge Wynter (by Kev Walker) as his original work. When he was confronted, he started calling everyone names and then stropped off.

---

Now, one biscuit I was very scared of as a child but later found a taste for, is the garibaldi. Does anyone else have a biscuit that they initially feared but later came to terms with?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richmond Clements

Not a biscuit as such- I have always had a good relationship with them, but I used to have a deep distrust of Turkish Delight. I now realise my folly.

SamuelAWilkinson

This thread is exactly why I shouldn't read the board at work. Because when people ask what I'm giggling about, I can't really say 'well, it started with an apparently plagiariased list, got a bit nasty, turned into biscuit-chat-variety-time-hour, and sort of took off from there' because they won't give me scissors anymore.

Ginger nuts have always been a question mark for me, and those weird rings with the pink icing.

Big fan of the garibaldi and its coming-in-bar-form approach. Should be emulated more often.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Richmond Clements

The ginger nut is very much a two edged sword, biscuitly speaking.
While I am a fan of the flavour, I don't like that they require tooth smashing force to break them.
The dicotomy for me comes with the solution: dunking.
While this is the ideal solution to the 'hard nut' problem, I object strongly to the act of dunking a biscuit.

Byron Virgo

I kept having Turish Delight on me as a kid, which was good for my mates, but no bloody use to me. I used to be wary of the sight of a plate of garibaldi round my great aunt's house due to their apparently having dead insects baked into them, but they actually turned out to be all right under further examination.

Jammie Dodgers are evil.

Link: http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/previous.php3?item=10" target="_blank">Dead Fly Biscuits

W. R. Logan

>You were bullied as a child, weren't you?

and he's probably really short

TordelBack

Lincolns, frequently last biscuit in the cupboard in our house.  How I used to hate their negative-golfball texture.  Then I learnt to use the dots as a guide to eating, creating elaborate shapes by nibbling along radian one, then cutting across to concentric line two,and on, all the way to the middle.  

Link: http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/" target="_blank">Might I recommend a Biscuity source to plagarise..