Main Menu

Looking for Thrills!!

Started by EddieHitler, 09 July, 2010, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieHitler

Sad but true but as I have now entered my 40's I find rather than reading my old 2000ad's I tend to open their protective bags and take a deep breath in.....ahhhhhh.....bliss I love the smell of old comics.......to much information? 
Oh how I wish I was 8 again.  Picking up my comics on a Saturday or even Friday, wearing shorts, marmite on toast, toad in the hole, jumpers for goal posts, etc. The world was a simpler place.

Question:  Did any one ever own one of those early 2000ad t shirts that were available to buy via a coupon on the back cover? 

Love to own one even though it would'nt fit!!!

Richmond Clements

Hi Charles! Nope, didn't have one, but welcome to the boards!

klute

QuoteSad but true but as I have now entered my 40's I find rather than reading my old 2000ad's I tend to open their protective bags and take a deep breath in.....ahhhhhh.....bliss I love the smell of old comics.......to much information? 
Oh how I wish I was 8 again.  Picking up my comics on a Saturday or even Friday, wearing shorts, marmite on toast, toad in the hole, jumpers for goal posts, etc. The world was a simpler place.

Well if thats sad.....that makes two of us!!!

Welcome to the boards
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Proudhuff

Welcome!!

The Cellar of Dredd is what you need to find that Tshirt
DDT did a job on me

EddieHitler

Thank you I kind of feel at home already.

I have a nasty habit of logging off an on, sorry as I have to use the computer at my local library.

I have recently being buying back issues off ebay uk and have found that one man's Good is obviously another man's Very Fine. So I now have multiple copies of certain progs that I don't want.  Is it now more or less impossible to find VF copies of early progs?

The Cellar of Dredd! I shall check it many thanks Proudhuff.

TordelBack

Charles, you write a passable Stephen Fry chat-show introduction.  Throw in a 'throbbing' and a 'quintessential' and you'd be there!  Welcome!

COMMANDO FORCES

I think I have a couple of those T-Shirts but I have them stored in the attic and not in my cellar (space is getting scarce). Now I would go up and check but it's so bloody hot down here at the moment that I dare not venture up there, for fear of instant dehydration.

I tell you what, to save me from death have a look at Rob Stewarts pictures http://www.2000adcollectables.com/t-shirts.htm

The Enigmatic Dr X

On the subject of looking for thrills, I recall a recent (last 5 years) story - maybe text - involving Judge Fear talking to an old lady.

I think it was in a fanzine?

Any idea where I might find such a thing?
Lock up your spoons!

EddieHitler

Why thank you TordelBack It's shame I have only an ounce of his brain power though!
QI not for me more of a PG tips man.

CommandoForces if you ever get a chance to go up to your attic please do as I would love to salivate over an image of those t shirts! Whoops sorry just seen link will now go and investigate.

Sorry time nearly up thank you every one for info and help.

Have a good weekend! ta ta. 

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 09 July, 2010, 04:45:49 PM
On the subject of looking for thrills, I recall a recent (last 5 years) story - maybe text - involving Judge Fear talking to an old lady.

I think it was in a fanzine?

Any idea where I might find such a thing?

It was, although I can't remember which. It was by Spurrier, and was reprinted in the meg a couple of years ago too.

Bolt-01

Judge Fears Big Day out in Meg 224- 2004.

Though I may be wrong but wasn't this in the Class of '79 originally?

Richmond Clements

TordelBack

Emperor

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 July, 2010, 04:43:23 PMI tell you what, to save me from death have a look at Rob Stewarts pictures http://www.2000adcollectables.com/t-shirts.htm[/color]

That reminds me I promised them a photo af a T shirt not on there, but looking down the list I think they've got a replacement - I'd better dig them out to be sure. I think it was the Prog 61 Cursed Earth cover one (as it is on a hanger as if I was planning on photographing it, but I also have the I Am the Law, I Am Judge Dredd and... this one (although the white transfer is really degraded - I can't have washed it properly). I'd not embarass CF by offering them to him for the Cellar of Dredd as I assume he has them many times over ;)

That Nemesis "I Am The Deathbringer" looks familiar - I'm not sure if I had it and lost it or really, really, really, wanted it and never got it. How about a reprint of some of the classics, eh Tharg?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+