Main Menu

Reasons to be Hateful, part 1003

Started by CraveNoir, 20 May, 2010, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: CraveNoir on 20 May, 2010, 07:53:26 PM

"But in the comic he wore tights and looked like a ballerina. I don't think Sly would've looked so good dressed like that - he wasn't called Judge Drag."[/i]

I must have missed it when JD wore tights and dressed up as a ballerina.It must have been when i wasnt reading.

Great punchline at the end and a weak excuse for a pun on a name.

Judge Dredd

-

Judge Drag !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I need an emoticon for sarcasm.

I didnt even know who Rob Schneider was so i had to look him up.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Yeah, that's right, Rob -- the film failed because you couldn't make 50,000 Judge Dredd fans happy.

What about the 99.99999% of the cinema-going audience who didn't give a flying fuck about the comic? You know, the ones who just thought it was a shit film?

Just wondering ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 20 May, 2010, 09:35:03 PM
Especially with the purges going on round here and Emp, Trout & TS holed up in their fortified palace while we, the people, call for their heads.

Yiff in hell, proletariat ignoramus.  I'll blast you to atoms with Betsy before you get within fifty feet of the manor grounds.

Mike Gloady

I feared I'd have to kill you Prof.  Your title was the clue, but if you were only to leave it and the fish-royalty behind you could be a GOD!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Rob Schneider has made a career out of starring in and directing cinematic garbage
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Professor Bear

It's always hilarious when the oiks get uppity.  Drag your gout-addled frames from your filthy council houses by the dozen and be damned upon the canons at the front gates, I'll not lose a wink of sleep that you perish by your own stupidity and feed your paste to the fishes in the moat without a second thought!

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 20 May, 2010, 10:44:12 PMif you were only to leave it and the fish-royalty behind you could be a GOD!

I need no other God:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

Roger Godpleton

You're a bad person, Bryan Coyle.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Professor Bear

A lesser man would point out that your mother agrees with that sentiment, but not me.

Buttonman

I actually have a soft spot for Rob - a swamp hahahahahahahahah.

I actually quite like him and enjoyed his films 'The Animal' and body swap comedy 'The Hot Chick'. 'Big Stan' was very poor however and not a patch on the Deuce Bigalow films which are pretty funny in a people shouting 'that's a huge bitch' kind of way.

He doesn't know anything about Judge Dredd but I imagine the character was only about one month of his working life. He's not interested but has to come out with some sound bite to appease a reporter while trying to promote some new film.

I don't rate or value this comment but it bothers me as much as a small flicker on my downloaded copy of 'Glee'.

Professor Bear

Rob was also good in Surf Ninjas.  To be fair, this did not take much doing.

beta

Hey, Rob... You can do it!

No,wait... You can't.

Mardroid

I confess to finding Deus Bigalow, Male Gigalow (Or whatever it's called) laugh-out-loud funny. Albeit some of the the humour was somewhat puerile (double confession, I find a lot of puerile humour funny!)

As for Dredd in tights... to be fair his trousers are very close fitting. They're not tights but, it's a fairly mistake to make for someone with a passing glance who is probably more closer acquainted with superhero comics.

I'm off to the fridge now. It's too cool down due to the hot day. Not to to foil heat-seekers. Honest.

CraveNoir

Stallone (5'7") sowing seeds in case the new film doesn't flop.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/stallone-regrets-judge-dredd-464587.html

"I think that the biggest mistake I ever made was the sloppy handling of 'Judge Dredd'. It could have been a fantastic, nihilistic, interesting vision of the future - judge, jury and executioner. With all the pop culture, that really bothered me a great deal. I thought it was a fantastic concept, but somebody has to take the fall when things don't work - and because I was the most recognisable, highest profile..."

...?
What?
You got to make 20 more movies, and Danny Cannon's film career died?

I always enjoyed how used to promote his films in the '90s saying "I did this and that", and when they flop he says "They did this and that".