Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I've kept well clear of all the music players etc as can't use em at work and my commute is so short it hardly seems worth it. However this may change soon and I'd love to get all my music on a device and create mixtapes etc, but looking at the above, i may give the whole thing a miss  :-\

DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 05 November, 2014, 12:25:47 PM
I've kept well clear of all the music players etc as can't use em at work and my commute is so short it hardly seems worth it. However this may change soon and I'd love to get all my music on a device and create mixtapes etc, but looking at the above, i may give the whole thing a miss  :-\
By and large they're really good. We're all just whining about minor impediments to using specific ones.

If you're not bothered about using it for other stuff like internet or apps then you should be able to pick something decent up cheaply. A few years ago, I had a Creative Zen one which was magic (and you just added stuff by plugging it into your computer and dragging files to the folder in explorer. No idea if they're still going.
We never really die.

Theblazeuk

They are easy to use. My sony mp3 player used to hold 4 gigs of music and was managed just like any other file storage on a PC, and you could use the folders to sort things if you didn't want to have to faff around with metadata like Artist/Album.

My iPod is my portable internet, podcast and games system so it has other benefits beyond the music. If all I wanted was music I'd have refused the free iPod.

Noisybast

I simply installed PowerAmp on my Android phone and never looked back.
Well, apart from that time my phone chewed up a 32gb SD card. That sucked.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dandontdare

I've had loads of i-tunes grief recently - I have been ignoring the "a new version of i-tunes is available" messages for ages (because I'm familiar with the one I've got and don't need any new features).

Inevitably, the i-tunes store stopped working after a while so I tried to upgrade. This turned out to be a lot more complicated than it should be, but after hours of hassle and help menus, I finally managed to download the updated version.

I now notice that my i-tunes shortcut icon has turned from blue to red - Have I accidentally downloaded Evil i-tunes by mistake?

Another general minor whinge - being so paranoid about losing music I've paid for I always answer yes to any prompt to save or backup - which now means that my library is clogged up with multiple duplicates of every track.

Dark Jimbo

My ipod fell out of the washing machine as I removed my clothes yesterday, so... that's the end of that.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

That whole U2 thing kind of mildly irritated me too. On the face of it, it seems churlish to moan about someone giving you a free album, but there was just something kind of obnoxious about forcibly putting it in your library, like someone surreptitiously gluing a copy of Love Actually onto your lovingly curated BLU Ray shelf.

They should have just announced that it would be free for those that wanted it from the iTunes Store.

Darren Stephens

I still use my trusty Creative Zen for my mobile music needs as, despite my phone having enough storage, and the Beats tech (lolz....) installed. Just can't beat the simplicity of drag n drop!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Frank

Quote from: radiator on 05 November, 2014, 06:03:24 PM
They should have just announced that it would be free for those that wanted it from the iTunes Store.

But then Boneo wouldn't have been able to say 81 million people had listened to at least one song from their new album ... rather than say it was the first of their records not to go to number one in a quarter of a century.

Dan Dinnae Dare - try VIEW>SHOW DUPLICATE ITEMS to get rid of duplicates:

Dandontdare

thanks - I think I tried that once and it brought up a huge list, but wouldn't automatically delete the duplicates - I began going through it manually, but it was a pain in the arse so I gave up.

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid on 05 November, 2014, 11:52:51 AM

And I notice what a great big moaner I appear in that post over something that's pretty negligible really.

... and no longer pertinent. Zenith Phase 1 was waiting for me when I got home! A very nice quality albumn.

JamesC

shaolin_monkey

I've been promised a card for the gas meter three times over the last fortnight.  If there isn't one waiting for me on the mat when I get home tonight someone is going to die!  Of hypothermia.

Hawkmumbler

Well the last 48 Hours have been more than a bit shit. Starting with an anxiety attack at work, finding out I was working the maximum amount of time without getting a break (6 hours), then getting robbed at 19:00 last night when we where all in the house! 2000 quid worth of kit, gone. And another none stop 6 hour shift today. Fuck.

TordelBack

Anxiety attack and robbery-while-at-home, my sympathies, truly awful, especially the latter.  Terrible to feel unsafe in your home.