Main Menu

NEW COMICS FROM FQP

Started by Bolt-01, 21 September, 2009, 09:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Now, THIS looks nice. Wide stairs, marble columns, brain controlled slaves.... WHAT!?!?
From The Stacks of Callimachus- Idea by Peter Kempton, exectution by Chris Geary.

Ouch.
From Confession   by Robert Spalding & Bruce McLaren

Finally a note to say thanks to those who have already ordered- those copies of the comics are going in the post this morning, and will be the only copies to be seen before BICS. Ta.

locustsofdeath!

I hope FQ never goes color - not that I don't want you guys to be successful enough to do so, but the range of black & white styles in your mags is incredible.

Bolt-01

Thanks for the sentiment Locust, and I don't think we'll ever be able to afford to be in colour, however, for those of you who wonder what a solid dose of FQP in colour would be like, can I remind you all that the FQP family special is only available at conventions, costs only £1 and contains 48 pages of vintage FQP strips, in COLOUR!

SmallBlueThing

Since the money fairy hasn't arrived yet, I shan't be ordering these til next Wednesday- will I still be able to make use of the lower postage rate by ordering them, via email, rather than paying individual postages, via the site?

Can't wait- they look, as usual, truly brilliant.

SBT

Bolt-01

Hi Steev- the lower postal rate is always available. I hate folk paying over the odds because of the way stuff is sorted. If ever anyone wants to buy more than one comic from me, emailing me is the best way.

Bolt-01

Armstrong by Chris Steifvater Thomas & Steve Denton features Korean War Hi-jinks and wizard prangs!

Bad Static by Martin Hayes & John Cahill. One of those strips that you know doesn't end well, and this sneaky peek doesn't help!

Bolt-01

Of all the aspects of Loneliness by Alec Robertson & George Coleman that I could show you, I picked one that says nothing for the plot, however, it is a fantastically well drawn piece of equipment isn't it?

What is so scary about this guy? Well if you read Key to the Kingdom by Lee Robson   & Caroline Parkinson you'll find out, but you might prefer not to...

Emperor

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 29 September, 2009, 10:10:25 AM
Of all the aspects of Loneliness by Alec Robertson & George Coleman that I could show you, I picked one that says nothing for the plot, however, it is a fantastically well drawn piece of equipment isn't it?

Indeed - you can't beat those reconditioned art droids!! The momentum to get him back in 2000AD starts here.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

Great new issues of FQ and SW, Bolt and Lordship!

I took them with me on the plane (I had to return briefly to the States) and read them twice each - again, the ranges of both story and art are great and really makes for fun reading. A small press wonder, indeed!

Bolt-01

Many thanks for the kind words, we do our best. We did fairly well at BICS last weekend, with both FQ and SW selling their fair share of table space. It was interesting to have TMO send folks over to talk to us as well- stoked a warm glow in this cold, calculating heart of mine.

Bolt-01

AND THE WEBSITE IS BACK!!!

PHEW: For all your comic needs, the shop is now open at http://www.futurequake.co.uk/shop.php

And the website is now simply www.futurequake.co.uk Thank yew.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Emperor on 29 September, 2009, 02:36:10 PM

Indeed - you can't beat those reconditioned art droids!! The momentum to get him back in 2000AD starts here.

I'd certainly second that and I can exclusively reveal (hope he don't mind) he's attending HiEx, if only to win Saturday night's knob drawing compo  ;D :-*
DDT did a job on me

Mike Gloady

There's a genital art competition?  Wow.  Excited even more now.

Good to see him back (almost) in the prog.  More please.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever