2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernardsfingers

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 08 February, 2018, 05:41:25 PM
That does look slim.
Fair enough.
I'm still having it!  :D
Yeah sorry the page count is in the letter as stated but above but didn't realise that detail hadn't been included in the post. I think I'll be opting out as £15 for a book 1/4 the size of a standard issue seems a bit excessive.

IndigoPrime

My package just arrived. Looks like these are going out by courier. Either way, the books, despite not being secured in a large box, arrived intact, along with bookends that look like you could knock someone out with them. (They are properly sturdy.)

As for the cover volumes, it'd be interesting to know what's going on here. My inkling (and it's a cynical, but logical viewpoint) is Hachette would like to make the line more profitable, and this is an easy way to do so. 60 quid for four thinnish books x however many subscribers stay on board. (Most will probably not even realise what's going on and do nothing. Although the danger is a small minority will ignore the letter and then spend their time having a go at Hachette online, until the heat death of the universe.)

It's notable that several other new partworks are creeping over the £9.99 price point...

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 February, 2018, 11:45:05 AM
As for the cover volumes, it'd be interesting to know what's going on here. My inkling (and it's a cynical, but logical viewpoint) is Hachette would like to make the line more profitable, and this is an easy way to do so. 60 quid for four thinnish books x however many subscribers stay on board. (Most will probably not even realise what's going on and do nothing. Although the danger is a small minority will ignore the letter and then spend their time having a go at Hachette online, until the heat death of the universe.)

It's notable that several other new partworks are creeping over the £9.99 price point...
It does feel like a backdoor premium. Perhaps there wasn't enough people keen on the figurines. I guess we'll never know just how many people subscribe / circulation for the partworks.

sintec

Looks like these are going out by courier.

Oh god - here's hoping they've not left them behind my bin or something equally daft then.

moogie101

Quote from: sintec on 09 February, 2018, 12:30:31 PM
Looks like these are going out by courier.

Oh god - here's hoping they've not left them behind my bin or something equally daft then.

Mine came today via Royal Mail.

IndigoPrime

I may have been mistaken. Mine came by a separate delivery, but it could feasibly have been a Royal Mail van rather than the usual postie. (I was also wrong about damage: Rogue Trooper book has a crushed corner.)

moogie101

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 February, 2018, 02:50:53 PM
I may have been mistaken. Mine came by a separate delivery, but it could feasibly have been a Royal Mail van rather than the usual postie. (I was also wrong about damage: Rogue Trooper book has a crushed corner.)

My box had been crushed too but luckily the books are fine. Looks like they are using a standard box that is too big for the two books & bookends. After the tatty wallet I wasn't expecting much, but the bookends I'm very impressed with. 

Arkady

Huh, my issue 13-14 arrived today too - just seven days after subscriber payment. A new record.

Which reminds me, props to whoever recommended that I contact Hachette and back-order two issues in order to be brought to the front of the subscriber queue. did that with Issue 11-12 and it worked like a dream. Had to speak to a supervisor to get it done though - the front-line staff were clueless and I had to be quite persistent.

Lobo Baggins

My copies of ABC Warriors and Rogue Trooper turned up today - very nice they are too, the ABC Warriors book includes the Ro-Busters prologue and the colour centre spreads, and it's the third time I've received a Rogue Trooper book as part of a prize I won on the Internet (I won a copy of the Rogue Trooper vol 2 phonebook off of Molch-R during a Twitch broadcast about Dredd vs Death at the end of 2015, then won a copy of Rogue Trooper vol 1 off of the Rogue Trooper Redux twitter feed last year).

However, it does mean that I've missed the Dante and Robohunter books.  Anyone know who I need to get in touch with to sort it out...?
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

IndigoPrime

Arkady - might have been me. I was right at the tail end of the Dredd collection and got them to authorise a double payment one month to bring me to the front.

Lobo Baggins - if you're missing books, message them on Facebook. You get a written record and will likely get a decent response. Expect them to take anything up to a few days to respond. Send them your subs number in the initial request.

IndigoPrime

My Nemesis replacement just showed up. It's bundled with an explanatory letter/apology, and – amusingly – and invoice stating I now need to pay £0.00 online. And, yes, the art lines up with #19.

Tomwe

Just hope it matches up with Nemesis Vol 3 due at the end of March.

abelardsnazz

I enjoyed volume 2 of Dante immensely. Cracking stories and art, plus the more subtle nuances of Dante's character coming through. Great stuff, I'm beginning to see why it's held in such high regard in Tooth's history.

Qwertyburger

Got my replacement issue 9 today too, arrived with just letter and invoice. Now it'd just be nice for them to send issues 11+12 plus my Nemesis statue, which the website is saying they haven't sent yet.

Arkady

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 February, 2018, 07:06:03 PM
Arkady - might have been me. I was right at the tail end of the Dredd collection and got them to authorise a double payment one month to bring me to the front.

Thanks pal - definitely worked for me!

And my new Issue 9 just turned up too.