Main Menu

Voice of the Fire reprint

Started by almighty mat, 01 October, 2002, 02:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighty mat

Anyone who's after a copy of Alan Moore's Voice of the Fire can relax, it's being reprinted. Top Shelf are reprinting it in hardcover in summer 2003, with new illustrations by Jose Villarubia.

mat

GordonR

I actually find this quite depressing.

IIRC, the novel wasn't a success first time around, hence probably why AM hasn't done any more.

Now, rather than being issued by a mainstream publisher, it's being done by a comic publisher, who apparently feel the need to put illustrations into it, maybe just in case they think part of the AM fanbase will panic at the idea of buying something without pictures in it.

So, an illustrated hardback (reprinting what had previously been a relatively inexpensive ordinary  paperback) put out by a small niche publisher....what do you think the final price will be?  Not much change out of ?20, I reckon.

I've always kind of wanted to read it, but not that much.

paulvonscott

Just feel lucky they haven't put numbers in it, adding numbers is scientifically known to add a fiver to the value of something, signed and numbered, well, the sky's the limit.

I'll look out for some cheap copies and if I get any post em up here, if no-one wants them I shall feed them to the slavering jaws of the demented beast thou callest e-bay.  Where mad people pay mad amounts for complete crap.

Oddboy

I just did a search for "complete crap" (title & description) and this was the first item to appear.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1770111175" target="_blank">complete crap

Better set your phaser to stun.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Smiley

Ahh, nostalgia. I've still got 1 to 9 and the 'Sorcery' set languishing somewhere. They were good fun and really well illustrated. I gave up when the quality plummetted after book 10 or so. Shame.

sigu

I really liked John Blanche's illustrations for the Sorcery series (those books were tougher than the Fighting Fantasy series). Ian McCaig was the best of the FF illustrators. City of Thieves and Deathtrap Dungeon especially. His designs for Darth Maul and Queen Amidala in the Phantom Menace were good too.

SiG

paulvonscott

I hava book with John Blanche's illustrations in, very nice stuff.  He'd be great for a one off AD cover.