Main Menu

Alt.Fiction Literature Festival, 25-26th June in Derby

Started by Emperor, 14 April, 2011, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Hits the nerd buttons:

QuoteGuests of honour revealed for literature festival

Bestselling science fiction writer Alastair Reynolds and acclaimed comic book writer Dan Abnett will be guests of honour at the Alt.Fiction Literature Festival in June.

The event takes place at Derby's Quad on June 25 and 26 June and features science fiction, fantasy and horror writing events.

Alastair Reynolds hit the headlines in 2009 when he signed an unprecedented 10-book deal with Gollancz worth £1million.

His novels Revelation Space and Pushing Ice were shortlisted for the Arthur C. Clarke Award; Revelation Space, Absolution Gap, Diamond Dogs and Century Rain were shortlisted for the British Science Fiction Award and Chasm City won the British Science Fiction Award.

Dan Abnett has written for DC, Marvel and 2000AD on titles such as Iron Man, The Punisher, Nova, Realm of Kings and Heroes for Hire, as well as creating and writing the Sinister Dexter series.

Call the box office for ticket details on 01332 290 606.

www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Guests-honour-revealed-literarure-festival/article-3450592-detail/article.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

spireite68

At last, an event less than 15 miles from me but sadly not 2000ad related :(
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!