Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanetReplicas

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

CalHab

Another great podcast. The Chris Burnham and David Brothers interviews were the highlights for me. It might be a bit unfair, but I did think Frazer Irving gave the unfortunate impression that he is the chairman, treasurer and social secretary of the Frazer Irving Fan Club.

Molch-R

After the tragic news of artist Steve Dillon's death at just 54, this week the 2000 AD podcast talks to just some of the many people who knew, worked with, and admired one of 2000 AD's greatest talents - from former 2000 AD editor Richard Burton to fellow artists John Higgins, John McCrea, and Rufus Dayglo, as well as Steve's greatest collaborator and close friend, Garth Ennis. http://www.2000adonline.com/post/955

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 November, 2016, 10:09:17 AM
After the tragic news of artist Steve Dillon's death at just 54, this week the 2000 AD podcast talks to just some of the many people who knew, worked with, and admired one of 2000 AD's greatest talents - from former 2000 AD editor Richard Burton to fellow artists John Higgins, John McCrea, and Rufus Dayglo, as well as Steve's greatest collaborator and close friend, Garth Ennis. http://www.2000adonline.com/post/955

And a lovely and fitting tribute it is. Some great stories and anecdotes. RIP Steve.

robert_ellis

Great podcast for a great artist. I'm really moved by the tributes. I hope the Megazine floppy can reprint some more of Steve's lesser known works. Thanks.

terryworld

fantastic thrillcast this week lads. very poignant. just last week i snagged a stack of progs from the early '80s from ebay and it was bittersweet looking through at some of steve's early work. thank you for this molch-r

sheridan

Quote from: terryworld on 03 November, 2016, 09:03:54 AM
fantastic thrillcast this week lads. very poignant. just last week i snagged a stack of progs from the early '80s from ebay and it was bittersweet looking through at some of steve's early work. thank you for this molch-r
Just got to the six days of Fat City in The Daily Dredds Volume Two - as general wisdom is that a change in artists is due to something going missing, I'm guessing the first six went missing and were replaced by Steve Dillon.  How fast an artist is/was* Ian Gibson, anyway?

*'was' due to semi-retirement.

Molch-R

With the publication of The 2000 AD Script Book, we talk to four 2000 AD writers about how they create stories for the Galaxy's Greatest Comic http://www.2000adonline.com/post/1054

Rob Williams (Judge Dredd, Low Life) chats about how important choosing the right artist is, how he structures stories, and the differences with working in US and UK comics. Pat Mills (Sláine, Savage) discusses the changes in scriptwriting since the dawn of 2000 AD, how he balances research with storytelling, and how he works with different artists. Robbie Morrison (Nikolai Dante, Shakara) talks about the influences on his style, what he learned from working on epics such as Nikolai Dante, and about trusting artists. And Kek-W (The Order, Dreams of Deadworld) reveals how he turns ideas into scripts and overcomes writer's block.

Molch-R

This week on the podcast, we talk to writer Gordon Rennie about Angelic and Michael Carroll about continuing the 'Every Empire Falls' saga in January.

http://2000adonline.com/post/1105

CalHab

Just finished the script book podcast. Very enlightening, thanks. I did think that it might have been interesting to have had a number of the writers being interviewed at once- to allow them to question each other on different approaches etc. Although the questions asked were very good!

Molch-R

Quote from: CalHab on 30 November, 2016, 11:47:27 AM
Just finished the script book podcast. Very enlightening, thanks. I did think that it might have been interesting to have had a number of the writers being interviewed at once- to allow them to question each other on different approaches etc. Although the questions asked were very good!

Yeah would love to do something like that, unfortunately the limitations of the technology mean that we're unable to have more than two guests and a host on at any one time (bloody Skype) but I'll certainly see how we might be able to do that in the future.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Molch-R on 30 November, 2016, 10:16:45 AM
...and Michael Carroll about continuing the 'Every Empire Falls' saga in January.

Did we know about that? Did I just miss it? Intriguing.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 November, 2016, 12:45:57 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 30 November, 2016, 10:16:45 AM
...and Michael Carroll about continuing the 'Every Empire Falls' saga in January.

Did we know about that? Did I just miss it? Intriguing.

News to me too- but very welcome.

Molch-R

"It's real Roy of the Rovers stuff!" has been a cry of football commentators for decades – and in the latest episode of the award-winning 2000 AD podcast we talk to Barrie Tomlinson, the man who helped make Roy Race of Melchester Rovers a British institution http://2000adonline.com/post/1180

With the IPC Youth Group titles now part of the archive at 2000 AD's publisher, Rebellion, in a two-part interview The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast talks to Barrie about the heyday of British comics, from overseeing 2000 AD and Battle to launching titles such as Scream, Speed, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Mask, Ring Raiders and many more.

With his uncanny knack for securing celebrity endorsements – which saw him rub shoulders with everyone from Paul Daniels and Eric Morecombe to Geoffrey Boycott and Suzie Dando – Barrie was probably one of the most successful editors in British comics.

As an editor at Fleetway/IPC, Barrie launched Roy of the Rovers as a stand-alone title selling 300,000 in its first week and also relaunched the venerable Eagle, introducing a whole new generation to Dan Dare alongside now legendary characters such as Doomlord and Max, the homicidal computer of The Thirteenth Floor.

Barrie's influence on British comics for 30 years cannot be understated and it's a great time to hear a different perspective on the seminal period of the 1970s and 1980s.

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast is the award-winning podcast that takes you behind-the-scenes at the Galaxy's Greatest Comic! As well as interviewing top creators and famous fans, publicity droid Molch-R brings you announcements, competitions, and much more! You can subscribe to the Thrill-Cast on iTunes or listen now at www.2000ADonline.com/podcast