Main Menu

Millar's KaPow Comic Con London - April 9th n 10th

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well one thing you have to give Mark Millar is he's really trying to push the profile of comics in the UK. His latest venture, which has been talked about for a while now is KaPow Comic Con London. Seems like its trying to hark back to the old UKCAC days and add a bit of the San Deigo movie schpazz to the whole affair.

I'm defo asking for a weekend pass from my lovely wife to attend this one.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/29/mark-millar-launches-kapow-comic-con-london/

pauljholden

Think I'd like to go to that, suspect wife will also want to go... hmm...

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Not a massive fan of Mr. Miller, but with that kind of a line up, it sounds fantastic.

COMMANDO FORCES

The distance isn't too far, so I may just go to this  :D

Dog Deever

Gaaah!
Steve Dillon will be there, and it's in bloody London.
Great- another 'must go' I'll miss.
:(
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin Zeal

It's just a bus ride from my house and Steve Yeowell will be appearing. I have no excuses for not going to this.

Kerrin

I'm there. Weekend pass purchased.  :D

Better start saving my pennies.

Peter Wolf

That does sound good and i am tempted but i would like the option of being able to show up on the day and pay to go in then rather than having to buy in advance for fear of it selling out and then there is all that VIP Bollox as well which i dont like and i could do without as you should have access to all the panels* with a regular ticket.

25 quid for a weekend ticket is very reasonable.

*I just read it is Marvel panels and since i am not that interested in Marvel its not a problem
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

zombemybabynow

was quite excited 'til i heard frankie cunting boyle would be there - cunt
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Dunk!

Got me a ticket, now just need to book the hotel.
"Trust we"

COMMANDO FORCES

Weekend ticket booked, now shall I stay up there for the weekend or not :-\

Looking forward to this already :D

pauljholden

I won't be there. Kapow has a list of 100 guests (all of whom have already been selected), and, apparently, that's it. (Unless you buy a table from them) so I would expect a lot of the usual suspects from 2000AD won't be there either.

Have a good one though!

Kerrin

That's a damn shame PJ. The whole VIP/guestlist side of things seems to have been very poorly thought out (from what I can glean from Twitter  ;)).

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Ya, that's a bit of a shame, so, no small press then?

pauljholden

No idea, I believe table prices are relatively high and you only get one guest pass with a table, so it's a more expensive deal for small press. Audience may be expecting nothing but fill colour superhero comics - rather than b&w small press.