Main Menu

Millar's KaPow Comic Con London - April 9th n 10th

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgerufian

Quote from: matty_ae on 12 April, 2011, 10:31:28 AM
Some sketches

ranging from 60 seconds to 60 minutes!

I saw Chris Weston doing this while I was waiting to talk to him, he was really giving it his all, amazing to watch the guy work.

COMMANDO FORCES

Okay folks, here are the sketches that I managed to gather. I didn't get any on the Saturday at the Con, too busy enjoying chats with people and also being Dredd, so I started in the Pub, with this highly talented bunch off here!
I bought a new A5 sketch journal especially for this event and all future forum gatherings and pub meets!

Conor does Dredd and the pressure was on being the first.

KevLev does Hershey (my favourite hairstyle and with the eye make up of another style I like)

El Chivo moves into Johnny mode and shows how easy it is to draw (stop it) Johnny's helmet!

SuperSurfer comes up with the Superfiend and can't stop adding detail until we have to force him to stop.

An excellent start to this new sketchbook, who will be next at the next drinking session?

COMMANDO FORCES

Now the actual con sketches. I just realised that I did get one on Saturday, so that's first!

David Ballie sat near the 2000AD stand, very clever!

Clint Langley who was just going to lunch as I collared him.

Huy Truong favourite of the weekend and going for a fun commission in the near future ;)

Ben Willsher after this me and Pete were basically thrown out of the con, as they were shutting up :D

Cpt Rhodes

Some belting sketches there. I'm sooooo jealous.

COMMANDO FORCES

Now for the Sunday pics!

The crowds in the main arena

Guy meets some strange bugger!

And then ate him!

Chris Weston

Me and my minders!

Huy Truong doing my sketch

Liam Sharp and my print

Liam Sharp and Pete's print

Cosplay women

Best till last :o

Dandontdare

steady on now CF!

I've seen the purple guitar chick in lots of photos - id she have to stand in one place all day or did she drag that massive amp around with her? And who is she supposed to be?

Kerrin

Great sketches and photos John!

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 12 April, 2011, 08:20:21 AM
Quote from: Kerrin on 11 April, 2011, 09:52:20 PM
I did actually ask a question along those lines during the 2000AD panel Phil. If funds allowed, did the panel think a 2000AD publication aimed at younger readers would be a good idea? Didn't really get much of an answer, though Dave Gibbons did say how it was odd that comics used to be aimed at 10-13 year olds and now they were mostly aimed at adults. I'm for it myself but the amount of money needed makes it a moot point.

Though that's the market that Strip is going for isn't it? Hopefully with the international backing it has to get going they can prove this wrong. Of course the question will then be can the market sustain two such comics!

Absolutely Colin! I'd forgotten about Strip when I wrote that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like and I'll more than likely buy a few to dish out to mate's kids. Pester power! Is the plan to have it ready for Bristol? I've lost track of what the release date is now.

SmallBlueThing

How unforgivably sexist of you, CF! I notice all the MEN get their names recorded- yet we have "Cosplay women", as if they are nothing but nameless pieces of MEAT   for you to drape yourself over! You should be ashamed!  :P

SBT

Steve Green

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 April, 2011, 06:06:37 PM
steady on now CF!

I've seen the purple guitar chick in lots of photos - id she have to stand in one place all day or did she drag that massive amp around with her? And who is she supposed to be?

She was in one place - I think she was doing it for some Guitar Hero type game.

Steve Green

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 12 April, 2011, 06:51:37 PM
How unforgivably sexist of you, CF! I notice all the MEN get their names recorded- yet we have "Cosplay women", as if they are nothing but nameless pieces of MEAT   for you to drape yourself over! You should be ashamed!  :P

SBT

Deadpool Girl
Black Cat Girl
Guitar Hero type Girl

;)

Pete Wells

Guitar girl was in one place all day and surprisingly, I found myself in that place lots of the time, drool....

Jim_Campbell

Unbelievable. Guinness World Records actually has a piece about the record attempt on YouTube and feckin' Burdis is in it more than I am!

Gaah!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

He's in it more than the supposed 'comic' which I see no actual proof of?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 April, 2011, 11:02:49 PM
He's in it more than the supposed 'comic' which I see no actual proof of?

There's a PDF of it sitting on my hard drive. The clock stopped when I assembled and saved down the last page.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Emperor

Quote from: Dunk! on 12 April, 2011, 10:53:13 AM
Wow, Chris Weston gives good sketch.

He does, doesn't he!!

There is a great Canon Fodder one here:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,32531.msg597485.html#msg597485
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+