Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 July, 2011, 10:53:22 PM
Quote from: Buddy on 03 July, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
Transformers 3.

Pure pish. Pishness enhanced by the most wooden, forced performance by anyone allowed to call themselves an actress.

...and after two other previous pieces of shit, you went to see the third installment?

I was taking my son... You don't honestly think I'd willingly go and put myself through that.

Though even he said he was bored about half an hour from the end. I thought we've come this far, may as well sit it out.

But never again.

Buddy

Just watched sunshine on c4.

Thought it was great. If Garlands script for Dredd plays put half as good it'll be a cracker!

I, Cosh

Yesterday I went to see A Separation, an Iranian film about a couple looking to get divorced. A slightly unlikely event leads to things getting completely out of hand and into a spiral of injured pride, stubbornness and all too believable reactions and overreactions. Reasonably grim, but two excellent performances from the main couple would commend it to the interested.

This evening I half watched Transformers on telly because I never had. Didn't seem to be as awful as I was expecting, but I was mainly rereading Shakara while it was on in the background.
We never really die.

Professor Bear

Hey, I will go to bat for Transformers 3 - it's not as terrible as Transformers 2.
It's far, far too long, though, and I am not even joking when I say that losing the slow motion would solve that problem.

Also, it's hard to blame the actress for that performance as she isn't actually an actress, she's an underwear model Bay took a shine to.

HdE

Quote from: Professah Byah on 04 July, 2011, 12:17:00 AM
Hey, I will go to bat for Transformers 3 - it's not as terrible as Transformers 2.
It's far, far too long, though, and I am not even joking when I say that losing the slow motion would solve that problem.

I'll second that. For me, the problem was extended sequences of human characters doing their stuff. BOOOORRIIIING!!!

Also, Rosie is absolutely dreadful.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

JamesC

I saw Transformers last night and thought it was great fun. Loads of great action sequences, great eye candy a a couple of nice nods to Leanard Nimoy's past.

I can't believe people are still criticising these films for the bad acting.
It's so bad it's good - even John Malcovich turned his usual over the top 'wacky' turn up a notch. I really think Bay is just ticking boxes for character archetypes he likes to see in action films - Cocky Hero (Shia)? Check, Super hot bimbo (Rosie)? Check, Comedy double act (the parents and the little robots)? Check, Government arsehole (Francis and that skinny bloke out of the last two)? Check .

I really think Bay is just having fun pushing this stuff as far as he can, and lets face it he's never going to get a better opportunity than when he's at the helm of a multi-million dollar franchise based on a set of transforming toys. Give me this crash bang wallop style over the pompous animated movie any day. I think the bits where they are being pompous are just a piss take.

bluemeanie

Last movies watched? Home Alone 1 & 2 on Saturday night. LOVED both of them. Forgotten how much fun they were

And Transformers 3 on Wednesday, cant wait.

The Adventurer

WATCHED
Seven Samurai

I'd never seen it before, at 3 hours 45 minutes it is the definition of EPIC. I now see why its so revered. Amazing film.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

James Stacey

Quote from: The Adventurer on 04 July, 2011, 02:30:05 PM
WATCHED
Seven Samurai

I'd never seen it before, at 3 hours 45 minutes it is the definition of EPIC. I now see why its so revered. Amazing film.

Hidden Fortress next if you haven't seen that.

Richmond Clements

The Road. Bloody hell that was grim. I'd read the book so knew what to expect, but still...

Spaceghost

Instead of seeing Transformers 3 I will be repeatedly smacking myself in the balls with a wooden ruler. For 3 hours.

I watched Sucker Punch at the weekend and while the cartoon plot, unrealistic characters and predictable storyline were all pretty dire, (me and the wife laughed out loud at the simplistic opening featuring the [spoiler]ridiculous 'nasty uncle'[/spoiler]) the fit lasses in stockings, fighting robots, dragons and nazi zombies more than made up for it.

Warning - do not attempt to watch this film sober. Your brain will reject it outright.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

HdE

Quote from: JamesC on 04 July, 2011, 01:05:19 PM
I saw Transformers last night and thought it was great fun. Loads of great action sequences, great eye candy a a couple of nice nods to Leanard Nimoy's past.

I can't believe people are still criticising these films for the bad acting.
It's so bad it's good - even John Malcovich turned his usual over the top 'wacky' turn up a notch. I really think Bay is just ticking boxes for character archetypes he likes to see in action films - Cocky Hero (Shia)? Check, Super hot bimbo (Rosie)? Check, Comedy double act (the parents and the little robots)? Check, Government arsehole (Francis and that skinny bloke out of the last two)? Check .

I really think Bay is just having fun pushing this stuff as far as he can, and lets face it he's never going to get a better opportunity than when he's at the helm of a multi-million dollar franchise based on a set of transforming toys. Give me this crash bang wallop style over the pompous animated movie any day. I think the bits where they are being pompous are just a piss take.

I like this post a helluva lot!

I have a regular argument with one fella online about how (he claims) the 1980s animated Transformers movie was a 'masterpiece'. It's not. It's rubbish.

I think Bay's Transformers movies have been good fun for the most part. But I DO wish there was more emphasis on the Transformers as characters themselves. They seem pretty one-dimensional in most of the movies. It's telling, I think, that I know people who have seen all three movies, and can't remember the names of the robots. If I have to answer the question 'Which one's Ironhide? ' one more time, I'll scream.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Richmond Clements

Hey, HdE- which one's Ironhide?

SmallBlueThing

Thankfully, as mr forces arranged the sourhern contingent forum meet for Saturday, i got out of seeing transformers 3 and wife had to go instead. Result!

Eldest boy said 'it was awesome!'. At which point i battered him with a plank shouting 'ITS ARSOM! ARSOM! HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING!'. Youngest boy said he liked it but 'it was very, very long'. And wife hasnt spoken to me since except to say 'the divorce papers are in the post' while stamping on my bleeding scrotum with her six inch stilettos.

No, she said the 3D was good and didnt give her a headache.

SBT

nev

My friend was trying to drag me to the cinema but there was no way I was going to sit through Green Lantern so we ended up seeing something called The Conspirator which was actually very good.

I didn't even want to punch James McAvoy in the face. Much.