Main Menu

2000AD Message Board Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2014, 11:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Aw brilliant Bolt and Lee! I chuffing love the advent calendar!!!

David Broughton

Great poster Eamonn and in my humble opinion, very clever!  :D
Thanks to Lee and Bolt for this five day treat...can't wait to see todays when I get back later this evening. :D
Thanks to Beeks for his brilliant contribution today which will remind me to try and not over indulge over xmas. :) ;)

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, that was a cautionary tale alright - don't stuff your face, and wear a Kevlar vest. Nice one Beeks!

Beeks

Thanks folks :D

Just want to say a special thanks to Fungus for the artwork

Thought he did a splendid job on young Stephen  :)

Some great contributions all round this year and only 4 days in!

What a treat!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

SuperSurfer

Great Death silhouette there, eamonn1961. Whets my appetite for thrills to come in the bumper prog.

Really enjoying Santy Claws, Bolt-01 and Lee. Looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds. Always felt more could've been done in the townships so this is a treat – a fine place for an Xmas tale.

Much as I am being grumpy and resisting Christmas spirit (still seems early to me), entries such as Beeks and Fungus are making me feel all Xmassy. Well done on that fine piece of work.

von Boom

Top Carol Beeks!

Santy Claws is shaping up to be something special. :)

JayzusB.Christ

Lord a mussy me, but I love the advent calendar. Only got up to speed with it this morning.

Brilliant work all round so far.  Being absolutely flat out with work, I got up at 6am today, knackered, groggy and unhappy - until the last line of Pete's song made me laugh out loud (in the original sense of the phrase).

Looking forward to the rest of it (and to contributing!).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Eamonn Clarke

The Bolt-01 and Robson combo is here early again and the plot thickens and Dredd considers his moves.
Loving it all

Bad City Blue

Best time of the year, and as usual every entry has been zarjaz.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Colin YNWA

Well lordy me Mike D's strip is a work of pure fried X-Mas genius, absolute Yuletide gold.

Well done sir

(enjoying the Dredd daily too bu will wait until we're done to comment on that!)

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 05 December, 2014, 11:00:11 AM
Best time of the year, and as usual every entry has been zarjaz.

Well said, BCB! Everything so far has been top-notch. Sadly, that's a streak that'll break tomorrow, when my own feeble attempt is due... I'll probably post it shortly after midnight, assuming that I can somehow find a way to stop tinkering with it!

-- Mike

Bolt-01

Ah, Mike- stop messing about with it and let it go.

Mike-D: That is a superb strip, and I'd love to have something similar in Zarjaz if you want to pitch...

von Boom

Incredible work! The Angel Gang was great and I'm really enjoying the Santy Claws strip!

You know, these offerings should be bundled and printed. I'd snap up a copy!

Pete Wells

Beeks and Fungus - just fantastic!!! Really clever.

MikeD - stunning! Please take Bolt up on the Zarjaz offer!

Bolt and Lee - Loving this, it's like the Daily Star Dredd!

I'm sure we all really appreciate the time you've all put into this!