Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Only two I can't quite make out - Owen Krysler, Murd the Oppressor, Judy Janus, Mrs Gunderson, (unknown), Stan Lee, (unknown), Cal Hab judge, Uggie Apelino, Darren Dead.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

moly

Anyone know what the extended stuff will include

robert_ellis

As far as the extension goes... Lawless & Anderson, but Dark Justice in the 2000ad Ultimate Collection.

The Monarch

we also know theres gonna be a themed book based on dredd tackling normal crimes thats gonna include graveyard shift

Apestrife

Read insurrection the other night. My first time. Really liked it. Great space opera. Good action and some cool story telling. It's stories like this one that makes me love the Dredd universe.

While it's crawling with SJS:s space corps and ships, I didn't have a problem with it. Even if it's taking place during DoC. The scope fits the story, and I could also imagine it's [spoiler]Gallow's[/spoiler] retelling of the events. Not that far fetched to think that there'd be some exaggeration. A legend in the making.

Magnetica

Quote from: Apestrife on 30 August, 2017, 07:59:03 PM
Read insurrection the other night. My first time. Really liked it. Great space opera. Good action and some cool story telling. It's stories like this one that makes me love the Dredd universe.

While it's crawling with SJS:s space corps and ships, I didn't have a problem with it. Even if it's taking place during DoC. The scope fits the story, and I could also imagine it's [spoiler]Gallow's[/spoiler] retelling of the events. Not that far fetched to think that there'd be some exaggeration. A legend in the making.

I am currently re-reading and it really is fantastic.

The opening episode is a masterclass in setting up the scenario, introducing the characters whilst moving things forward and not coming across as just exposition.

Have to say I am re-reading it with a new eye following [spoiler]Lawless[/spoiler]

Apestrife

Quote from: Magnetica on 01 September, 2017, 11:03:19 AM
Have to say I am re-reading it with a new eye following [spoiler]Lawless[/spoiler]

I only read the first two stories. Heard about the stories being connected. Can't wait to read it in the collection (as the book is part of the extension) :)

abelardsnazz

The Judge Child is classic old-school Dredd, with a definitive trio of artists, and Dead Ringer is a fun back-up story.

Can't say I'm looking forward to The World at Law as much, but there've only been a few duff volumes out of 80 - I know I'm in the minority, but I quite liked Calhab. Some of it will be new to me though so we'll see.

lincnash

The Judge Child Quest is absolute Gold for old skool Dredd  :).
Spoiler block for Squaxx not familiar with the story :-
[spoiler]Dredd shoots off Mean's fleshy arm.
Mean says "Blew off me arm, lucky it was only me real one" as he bandage's the stump.[/spoiler]
That's Academy Award stuff, right there !.

lincnash

I forgot to mention :-
Ron Smith, Mike McMahon and Brian Bolland.
The Holy Trinity  :D

Michael Knight

- I know I'm in the minority, but I quite liked Calhab. Some of it will be new to me though so we'll see.

I liked Cal-Hab too! Really hope we see more of Scottish, Irish and British Judges

Tombo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 20 August, 2017, 12:52:21 PM
Volume 69 I think would be one that links the Cursed Earth back to the city - a Long Walk theme perhaps?

There's a few Cursed Earth/Mutie Incursion stories that haven't been reprinted yet including: Alabammy Blimps, Dog Soldiers (and the other ToD stories that seem to have been forgotten), Monkey on my Back, as well as Radlander and Damned Ranger.

Magnetica

Tombo

Quote from: Magnetica on 08 September, 2017, 07:14:58 PM
There is still a Tour of Duty volume to come.

True, but it will be covering the run up to Dredd's exile (Mutants in Mega-City One, The Facility, The Secret of Mutant Camp 5, the Edgar Case) rather than those stories from his actual tour.