Main Menu

The Chances of Anything Coming From Mars...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 January, 2009, 04:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

TordelBack

Well thank feck.  I for one welcome our new alien overlords.  Maybe they'll make a better job of running this dump.

Awesome footage - that's one in the eye for defenders of civil liberties: there should be cameras everywhere, I say - keep watching the skies!

Bouwel

Didn't Dark Horse do a rather good graphic novel version of War of the Worlds?

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kerrin

Yep. By Eddington and D'Israeli. Just finished the first of the Scarlet Traces books by the same duo. 'Kin ace.

And thats a pukka bit of film Shark.

Dandontdare

I dunno, but I really wish someone would make a true movie adaptation of Wells novel, rather than an updated or Americanised version. I had (and still have) an early 60's hardback with some lovely illustrations that blew my 10 yr old mind!

And Jeff Wayne's musical version was one of the first albums I ever owned.

Tanky

Peter Wolf

Its a sign i tell ye !

Illegal aliens.The UFO enthusiasts are converging to the site but the wreckage [and occupants] was cleared away within minutes by a shadowy governmental/military  organisation who remain unidentified.Media blackout.

The truth is "out there" somewhere.... ;)
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "TordelBack"Well thank feck.  I for one welcome our new alien overlords.  Maybe they'll make a better job of running this dump.

Awesome footage - that's one in the eye for defenders of civil liberties: there should be cameras everywhere, I say - keep watching the skies!

Cloaking ability to be used at all times.

The aliens will start to protest when they cant invade/abduct/cattle mutilate/ or perform night time incursions without being watched by CCTV.

"Its a breach of our intergalactic - trans-multi-dimensional rights !! "

Hoagy

Yeah. Again DDD. The D' Isreali stuff in the Dark Horse stuff is very similiar to those enchanting yet spooky illos from the steam punk era.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Bouwel

I was so hopeful that Spielbergs' film version would be faithful to the book but, alas, it turned out to be another sugar coated Hollywood effort with perhaps the worst ending I have ever seen in a recent film.

I've since been told that the Dark Horse comic was available online but, alas again, it looks like it's been taken down.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Kerrin

Quote from: "Bouwel"I've since been told that the Dark Horse comic was available online but, alas again, it looks like it's been taken down.

You can get the collected volume for £8.49 incl P+P on Amazon. Enter "scarlet traces" and it's the third item down.

Ignatzmonster

Sorry, dandon'tdare the only true adaptation you'll ever see is D' Isreali's. Wait, why am I saying sorry? It's fantastic and pulls no punches. Fuck movies, give me comics.

Great footage by the way.

Peter Wolf

I found a copy of the album in a charity shop complete with the artwork/book thing inside and spent ages just looking at it.I remember getting it as a xmas present.